By Anonymous - 20/01/2013 05:01 - United States

Today, my boyfriend told me all about how his parents sat him down last night and had a 20 minute talk with him about how I'm the biggest mistake he'll ever make. FML
I agree, your life sucks 37 063
You deserved it 3 969

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Well, look, just talk to him for about 20 minutes about how you're not that bad. Unless you are.

Comments

missknh101 6

I know what that's like my parents think the same about my boyfriend!

My husband's parents did that 6 years ago and I am still around. You just have to prove them wrong, and your partner just has to stand up for himself and his choices... which it looks like he did, so that's good

Luckyman22 5

I feel for u op. Had the same thing happen to me...

This happened to me, with my parents having this conversation to me about my girlfriend. I respect my parents a lot, so I listened to what they had to say and remained calm, but I made sure that they knew she was the girl for me and that their opinions weren't going to change my mind. I think it may have driven my parents and I apart a little, but it's more than worth it and only right to defend the person you love. It is sad that people that you love and that love you put you in a situation like that to begin with, but hey, it happens. We"re engaged and living together now and all is going well. So don't worry OP, parents don't always know what's best.

If your boyfriend actually told you that his parents thought you were a mistake, then you're the one making the mistake. Not the other way around. It's pretty much guaranteed that he'll eventually dump you because of his parents' opinion. Cut your losses OP.

Mlsmith173 3

I know how you feel, my mom had the same talk with me about my fiancée.

At least he's not your fiance. My wedding ended up being called off because his parents refused to show any kind of support. That's not the reason he gave me when leaving but everyone knows that's what caused him to leave.