By Anonymous - 20/01/2013 05:01 - United States

Today, my boyfriend told me all about how his parents sat him down last night and had a 20 minute talk with him about how I'm the biggest mistake he'll ever make. FML
I agree, your life sucks 37 063
You deserved it 3 969

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Well, look, just talk to him for about 20 minutes about how you're not that bad. Unless you are.

Comments

So you're saying it only took 20 mins for his parents to tell him you're a big mistake? Either he was convinced quick, or they had shit reasons and he got up and left

jogihoppa8343 23

perhaps he has recently discovered himself a gay and so he's making such ******* excuses..

Who would click "you deserve this"? Some angry single people.

Steve95401 49

It's the other way around. He's the biggest mistake you'll ever make. Dump him - you can do better than this overgrown child.

perdix 29

#28, No. Pick yourself up by your bootstraps, dust yourself off and keep trying.

Maria_Obligacia 14

Well, do you think their reasons are valid? I know it hurts OP, but try stepping outside of your ego and ask yourself - are you the woman that would make him happy, long term? It's an important exercise, you see- only if the answer is an unequivocal "yes" - and not just wishful thinking, you have reasons to think so - should you build a relationship. What are the parents' concerns?

coolsunshinebear 14

This was funnier than any FML I've read so far.

xsarax_fml 10

Well he obviously cares about you, otherwise he wouldn't have told you that and just believed his parents. If there's a will, there's a way! :)

stephkristine 13

Op, if your boyfriend listens to even considers what his parents say, he's not worth it, I can promise you that. He shouldn't even take a second to think about it if he loves you. He would tell his parents that you're there to stay and don't plan on going anywhere. if he cant tell them that, you should. His parents aren't the one dating you, he is. If you end up breaking up with him, it might hurt but keep in mind that you will find someone better. Good luck!

Depends why they were saying that stuff. I hope he stuck up for you; I'd assume he probably did if he's actually telling you what they said.