By jerk_ex_boyfriend - 21/04/2013 13:33 - United States - Narberth

Today, I overheard my boyfriend talking to his mom about me. It sounded like they were planning something for me, like a marriage. They were planning how to break up with me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 57 430
You deserved it 6 176

Same thing different taste

Top comments

thepersonyouknow 9

They were probably trying to do it without being jerks

Boyfriend: Babe I need to talk to you about something OP: Me too! But first a magic trick! Boyfriend: Ok..? OP; Abra, Kadabra, you're single. Bitch.

Comments

whiteboy896 9

Wow...beat em to the punch OP!

Boyfriend: Babe I need to talk to you about something OP: Me too! But first a magic trick! Boyfriend: Ok..? OP; Abra, Kadabra, you're single. Bitch.

chowE_fml 4

HE BE LIKE **** BITCHES ! GET $$$$

Wait, so if I **** female dogs I get free dollar signs?! :o Sweet!

kkamp516 10

It's called the "Boston Marathon". Heard it's supposed to be pretty bomb.

#40: Probably something like this: She walks in and the house is filled with candles. There is a trail of rose pedals leading up into his bedroom. There sits the boyfriend on the bed covered in rose pedals. She gets very excited and jumps in the bed... Only to shoved by her boyfriend and everyone comes into the room and says, "SURPRISE. YOU'RE SINGLE NOW!"

Oops... Never realize typos before it's too late

aliyourpally 12

His mom has nothing to do with your break up.

We don't know age, wether or not is a "good girl" or any of that. I really would like more details.

I think he meant to say "she SHOULDN'T have anything to do with it" but clearly she did, which is sad.

From the FML, I'm guessing OP's ex was a Momma's boy. Mom played a huge role on the break up if she was plotting with him.

Yes, cause asking ones mom for advice is just horribly unnatural.... not too bright of him to pow wow about it when op was home tho...

Or maybe he just wanted his moms opinion/help breaking it to OP? Jeez, can't a mother and son be close anymore?

I'm not close to my parents, so you might be right, #115,116. I was thinking that OP's boyfriend/ex wasn't asking for advice and that his Mom wanted him to break up with her too.

Well now we know where he gets it from.

Damian95 16

I guess being an asshole IS genetic.

The act of breaking up doesn't itself make anyone an asshole. Neither does talking about it with your mom. We really can't know the circumstances here.

55 thank you! I really don't understand why everyone is calling this guy an asshole! As far as we know, he didn't even do anything wrong. And yeah it sucks what happened to OP, but is it really FML worthy?

If being an asshole is genetic, then I would suspect that my mom have lied to me about where I am from :P

are you implying that she is and you aren't? or vise versa?

thepersonyouknow 9

They were probably trying to do it without being jerks

NagainaFier 16

In all honesty, it's not their fault she overheard. Not saying I agree with them doing this while she's within ear shot (or at all), but playing devil's advocate.

Show him whats good, get someone better so he can watch you be happy without him.

Do you practice the jealously tatic? Because that's really just using someone,and is unfair to the one you're using. OP just find someone who is amazing for YOUR sake, **** you douchebag (ex) boyfriend.

Considering he was the one doing the breaking up, my guess is that her being happy with someone else isn't going to mean a fart in a high wind to him.

Please do tell how that makes someone a douche for breaking up with their boyfriend/girlfriend.

It's the fact that he was discussing it with his mother while she was within earshot that makes him a douchebag, nobody wants to hear their significant other asking their mom how to get rid of them. He should've done it while she wasn't around then broke up with her face to face. At least that's my opinion.

You're actually jumping to conclusions. None of us know whether or not he knew she heard him talking to his mom about it. So your "opinion" isn't even an opinion. It's just an assumption.

Every opinion is valid really, it doesn't matter what it is. It also doesn't really matter if he knew or not, its still wrong to talk about it while she was able to overhear. I didn't say anything about him knowing she overheard.

You actually did. Reread your comments.

Well, if he had to go to his mom for advice for a break up he wasn't a real man.

Considering all the fml breakups I don't think he's that bad. Maybe he went to his mom to get advice on how to do it gently, as opposed to writing messages on a mirror or making out with some girl in front of her.

Wizardo 33

Quit before you're fired :) works every time...

I don't see the point in that. Unless it's to keep her dignity.

Wizardo 33

Yh that IS the whole point, its not fair if its being planned like this.

your style is impeccable sir (or ma'am)

Now you need to find a way to make a mix of Jerry springer and wwe out of this best of luck to you and keep us informed.

Well time to dump him before you become the dumpee.

That was the plan all along talk about breaking up to break up