By Anonymous - 24/02/2013 01:47 - United States - Gonzales

Today, my boyfriend kicked me out and threatened to get a restraining order after I called him an asshole. I'm 16 weeks pregnant and over 1,000 miles away from my parents' house. FML
I agree, your life sucks 42 898
You deserved it 9 195

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I know there's two sides to every story, but him doing that to his pregger girlfriend makes him a douchbag by default

alstbv12 13

Sounds like he deserved much worse than "asshole"

Comments

Someone has already told you about abortion in the US: 12 weeks. They did not need correction.

skyeyez9 24

I am going to assume he also convinced you to move 1,000 miles away from your family? That way he has more control over you. He has you isolated. You probably shacked up with a wife beater. I would leave OP! Call your parents. Borrow money for a ticket home. Dont stay with a man who threatens to leave you destitute and out in the cold.

sugarbear0727 19

What a douche bag. :/ I'm sorry op.

I don't know where OP is originally from, but speaking from a Louisiana law enforcement point of view he cannot kick you out. If you are living together as a couple, you have established that domicile as your residence (you get your mail there, you've put it as your residence on documents such as your driver's license) or you've lived there for more than 30 days if you aren't a couple, he legally has to go through the motions to evict you. He has to jump through ALL the hoops. Give you written 30 days notice to vacate, file a petition of intent to evict with the local clerk of court, the court has to serve you a legal eviction notice.... In most cases this can drag on for a couple of months. I know he's a jerk, but if you need time to get your business in order this gives you time to do it. If he threatens to call police to put you out, give him this tidbit of info. If you've been living there, we can't legally do a thing about it unless he has court notarized eviction papers. Hope you read this and it helps.

I agree, this is a form of domestic violence. Get the hell out before local law enforcement is documenting your injuries. If you didn't move there to be with him and it was his idea to move both of you 1000 miles away from your support base, he is separating you from your friends and family so it's easier to control and abuse you.

35, 36, 66: it's actually legal to get a no-questions-asked abortion through the 20th-24th week of pregnancy in the US, depending on which state you live in. OP might run into trouble in that she lives in Louisiana, which is not known for being the most pro-choice, so she could have trouble finding a clinic if she decides she wants out of the pregnancy as well as the relationship.

I know two wrongs don't make a right, but it was still wrong of you to call him an asshole unless you were trying to doom the relationship. Name-calling is petty and counterproductive.

vadaaa 11

91- I don't think you fully understand how big of a deal it is to get an abortion. You do not understand the emotional side of it, especially in women who want the baby but can't have it. Abortions aren't just thing that women go get like its no big deal. If a woman is pregnant, it is, as you said, her body. So why should a man choose whether or not she keeps her child. So if a woman's boyfriend said "i don't want this kid" she should have an abortion because the loser doesn't want to step up to the plate and be a dad? A man cannot choose whether or not his girlfriend gets an abortion. A lot of people seem to think that it's a form of "trapping" a guy, and that he shouldn't have to take care of a kid he wanted to abort anyways. Well sex is a two person act. Any man who whines about havin to take care of a kid should've worn a ******* condom.

Bunch of high and mighty people here. I think she might have gotten kicked out for more than just that specific reason. OP could be omitting information to make her side seem like she was more of a victim than she should have been. Disclaimer: I'm not saying what OP's boyfriend did is justified. He is a jerk. But I'm also saying a lot more could have happened to lead up to that point. For all we know she could be a bitch. Regardless of whether she is pregnant or not.