Thanks Texas

By Anonymous - 16/09/2021 10:59

Today, my boyfriend gave me an ultimatum: either get an abortion, or he’ll move out to go work for his brother, and good luck chasing him up for child support because his brother lives abroad. FML
I agree, your life sucks 1 204
You deserved it 270

Same thing different taste

Top comments

either way you decide about the pregnancy honey make sure you tell him to f*** off

Warp1978 15

I'd say good luck to him chasing up his long lost child after you keep the baby and drop him out of your life like a ton of shit.

Comments

either way you decide about the pregnancy honey make sure you tell him to f*** off

Warp1978 15

I'd say good luck to him chasing up his long lost child after you keep the baby and drop him out of your life like a ton of shit.

Jon Tessler 14

now is the time to go to the magistrate for a restraining order, also the police for a charge of domestic abuse. while you are at it, inform the police that your BF is a flight risk, and force him to turn in his passport.

DoctorPALO 14

I've never in my life heard an American call an attorney or a judge a "Magistrate," but regardless of where OP is from, it IS his responsibility to to child to support it since he helped make it. Granted they should have had the pregnancy/children discussion before now, but on the other hand, if he absolutely did not want children, guess what? There are ways to prevent that!

None of what they said even remotely sounds American. Can I buy some of what you are smoking?

Just move to Texas where it's not an option. And you can get great bbq!

I'd tell him to get ******. And keep your baby. But it's ultimately your choice. I wish you the best op.

Hailstorm92 10

I think if you can prove he abandon you bc of the pregnancy an he didn’t try to use any protection then he should be held accountable an have charges pressed an still get in trouble. I mean kinda shitty to abort if you want the kid an he doesn’t.

bobsanction 18

Probably a subject you should have discussed before you started *******.

Yeah relationships are challenging. Just to throw some numbers are you, nothing about this is uncommon. -About 50% of babies are unplanned -About 25% of women have had an abortion if they are 45+ -Pro life ad campaigns might have you think otherwise but for about 10 weeks it's just a pill. Regardless though, that dude sucks for giving you an ultimatum. People who do that don't respect you and a relationship without respect isn't anything.

Nikki 16

Either decision now you need to get rid of him, he won’t look after you after the abortion and he clearly won’t look after the kid. Most importantly if you chose not to keep the pregnancy make sure you have support around you, even when it’s just a pill it can be really difficult on your mental health. This is coming from experience, it’s important to talk about it

the decision on the baby is yours to make. either way that piece of shit needs to go

Well isn’t having or keeping a child a decision your are supposed to take together. Many woman decide not to have one and they have the flexibility to control it better than men… He’s allowed not to want one. Not to want one now. Not to want one with you!