By thinner than you - 20/11/2012 21:57 - United States - Hillsborough

Today, my boyfriend broke up with me because I'm now about 15 pounds overweight. When I called him a hypocrite as he's over 40 pounds overweight, he said that his weight didn't matter because "it's the girl's job to look hot." FML
I agree, your life sucks 37 723
You deserved it 5 381

Same thing different taste

Top comments

crazy4books23 13

You shouldn't be with a guy like that no matter what you look like. Everyone deserves a good person.

dryersheet 11

You are better off. Lose that weight and look super good then laugh in his face when he comes crawling back.

Comments

qirde_15 5

sexist! but he's got a point you know

What a bastard, you're better off without him.

fakkumairaifu 14

Well you're at least 200 pounds of dead weight lighter now! Screw him.

hanymandy 6

Why don't you just exercise together? You can both get in shape and it'll be fun to set goals together and achieve them as a couple. Bring you closer together

If only the douche of an EX were more open to doing stuff together like losing weight rather than be a chauvinistic a-hole and dump all the responsibility of maintaining a healthy weight on her.

He's a smart fatass! Maybe u two should lose some weight! Try sexouts ya fatasses!

What a jerk. You deserve better than that. I hate that whole double standard. If the girl is expected to look good, so should the guy be expected to look good. Simple as that. There are a ton of men who deserve your attention. Don't waste it on this undeserving person.

perdix 29

He's not a hypocrite, it's just a double standard. This is why a bride gets to wear a custom-made dress that costs thousands of dollars, while the groom rents a plain, sweaty tux. Everyone has a weight threshold above which they can't find people attractive. He didn't exceed yours, but you exceeded his. Sorry.

mvc3ftw 17

Careful,the feminazis may march.

I think that's shallow. I don't judge anybodies weight on how ill let them into my life. You should let your heart choose who you want to be with not your eyes. I date all across the board. If you really loved someone their looks really don't matter. If I gave you a puppy and you had it for three years and then it got fat would you stop loving it?

perdix 29

#103, rejecting someone for being 5 lbs overweight is shallow, but most people would think it's perfectly normal not to be physically attracted to someone who is 100 lbs overweight. There's a magic number somewhere between 5 and 100 where sexual attraction stops. Where is it? For the OP, it was >40, but for the boyfriend, it was 15. Who's wrong and who's right? Your puppy analogy is faulty. I don't have sex with dogs, do you?

You don't need to have sex for it to be considered a relationship any kind of contact with another soul is a relationship and usually a bond with a dog is very close so is your bond with your significant other. Clearly you never took a symbolism class or you have understood my point. I disagree I think it totally depends on the person. I've dated men and women with obesity. If you think 5 pounds is shallow wouldn't you agree with 15? Also to add to your custom wedding dress sweaty tux ideology whoever I marry has to look just as good as I do on that day. Dior tux or he's not invited. Stop generalizing people. It makes you look just as bad.

Sinkhole 26

The "Dior tux or he's not invited" doesn't help your case against shallowness.

No, he is being a hypocrite because he said in general terms that it's OK for men to be fat, but not women because women are meant to be hot. Everyone has their own personal preferences, but he's speaking about people as a whole. And double standards ARE hypocrisy. You should stick to making lame jokes, they're better than your serious posts.

109- I thought that was clearly a joke obviously it wasn't.

nancyschmancy 9

You went and did it Perdix! You got em coming out of the woodwork after you!

Sinkhole 26

Yeah... of course it was a joke, Fanain. Aren't they always?