By thinner than you - 20/11/2012 21:57 - United States - Hillsborough

Today, my boyfriend broke up with me because I'm now about 15 pounds overweight. When I called him a hypocrite as he's over 40 pounds overweight, he said that his weight didn't matter because "it's the girl's job to look hot." FML
I agree, your life sucks 37 723
You deserved it 5 381

Same thing different taste

Top comments

crazy4books23 13

You shouldn't be with a guy like that no matter what you look like. Everyone deserves a good person.

dryersheet 11

You are better off. Lose that weight and look super good then laugh in his face when he comes crawling back.

Comments

SanchoClaus25 6

What a POS Mother f*&%$#. You are better off withOUT a Shallow Hal Douche Bag! Eff him!

He's a sexist piece of shit. Women are beautiful no matter what shape or size!! It took me a long time to learn that myself because of stupid assholes like him!! Ladies, remember, you are beautiful! And if your man cuts you down in any way, lose his ass!!

I'm going to take a moment to rant a minute here. i really, really hate the 21st century PC definition of beautiful. if something is beautiful, it is aesthetically pleasing. It is nice to look at or smell or hear. It is something that pleases the senses. Beauty doesn't mean feeling sorry for someone or something, but wanting to continue looking at that person or thing. "Everyone is beautiful" is nothing more than a ploy to make you feel bad for not liking someone who isn't truly beautiful. certainly, there are perverted and twisted minds out there who are sexually attracted to people who are morbidly obese, but we, as a society, cannot accept these things as beautiful. You can't pound this into our head; one knows beauty when one sees it. Is it wrong to call something ugly? It should not be. You wouldn't say that a dead and rotting carcass of a squirrel on the side of the road is beautiful. it does not evoke longing emotions, and looking or smelling it will not be pleasing.

xdaftpunkxloverx 10

First of all, a "morbidly obese" person isn't a dying carcass; they are a human being with a personality and emotions. Second of all, that is the technical definition of the word "beautiful," but there are many words used in different ways colloquially as well. It doesn't always have to pertain to its technical form in generalizations. Third of all, you are shoving YOUR perception of what is beautiful into a definition and making it sound objective. There is nothing wrong or twisted about finding different types of people beautiful; just because it isn't the norm, doesn't mean it's incorrect. Everyone IS beautiful in some way, and to somebody.

d_man_0032 3

Here is some advice. Stop dating Jersey Shore (the tv show) acting d-bags and find a nice guy.

merpelyn 2

Same thing happened to me... on valentines day. Sadly have to say I'm not the only one out there dumped for the same reason.

Therewhenneeded 16

Better off without that jackass. If you lose weight, do it for your own personal health and well being, not for that revolting pig.

Dude, take it as a blessing. The guy sounds like a douche.

Good thing then, sounds like an asshole