By rhythmbandit - 09/10/2009 04:22 - United States

Today, my boyfriend bought me a beautiful pair of very expensive diamond earrings, along with a card that read, "To my beautiful brown eyed Princess." My ears aren't pierced, and my eyes are green. FML
I agree, your life sucks 46 170
You deserved it 4 088

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Maybe he's hoping you'll get brown contacts and pierce your ears to suit his royal standards. lol

blueavenger 0

"Us guys"? Speak for yourself. I'm a guy, and I would make sure NOT to write down the wrong color on this note. If I didn't know, I wouldn't say anything about it. Some guys are not assholes, newsflash.

Comments

__no_one__ 0

Maybe he's red-green blind? And yeah, I have blue eyes but they look green depending on the light. And most guys really don't pay attention to things like if your ears are pierced. Chances are he thinks most girls get their ears pierced so he assumed that yours are, too. Tell him your eyes are green, not brown, get your ears pierced and wear them. I don't think he's cheating. With a present that expensive, you're usually very aware of who you bought it for, and I don't think he'd hand it to the "wrong" girlfriend without thinking.

I think he mixed up the boxes and gave his brown-eyed girlfriend the box meant for you.

I have green eyes, but my husband swears up and down that they look brown to him. Some people see colors differently. And he probably just assumed that you had pierced ears because most girls do. I'd pierce my ears and thank him.

I know a lot of people who says their eyes are green though they are usually brown. Mine are blue, green and grey, no one agrees on their colors. I guess it's the same thing for everyone.

Perhaps she cannot get her ears pierced because of an allergy... I'm 19, my ears were pierced when I was 4 and I had a big allergy so I never tried to wear earrings again... I know plenty of women who don't feel the need to wear earrings either. Oops... wrong person. I'm sorry.

Sure they aren't hazel, not only are they known to change they have both green and brown in them. (duh) I'm not sure I'd really say he's cheating, he might just not noticed details like those. Some guys are like that. And like many of the commenters, maybe the colours appear different to him, and he assume you get girls jewellery. (Could mean he thinks you'd look good with earrings) Either way, I say smack him around a few times about it make sure he knows it was wrong.

Good point. My eyes are hazel, usually more green than brown, but sometimes people say I have brown eyes. It may be completely irrational but it annoys me tons when this happens, so I probably would have been unimpressed too. One thing people don't seem to be realizing is that not all girls are just after flashy/expensive gifts. If he had gotten her something she actually wanted or could use (showing his thoughtfulness) then she wouldn't have an FML and he'd be gettin' some right now.

I'm red green colour defficient so for me I have trouble telling the difference sometimes between redush and green eyes. And if you were wearing clipp-ons he may have thought your ears were pearced... Any ways, it's just a card

How old are you that your ears arent pierced? Im not suggesting this is fake, or that women have to have pierced ears, Im just curious.

What kind of strange question is that? Having your ears pierced isn't really related to age. I might as well ask how old are you that you don't have a tattoo? I know plenty of woman who don't feel the need to put holes in their bodies. A better question: How long has OP been dating her boyfriend? A few months and I wouldn't worry too much about the ear piercing, and even the eye colour. Green and brown can be difficult to differentiate. He might think of them more as hazel.

What does age have to do with anything? I didn't get mine pierced until I was twenty. At which point I got addicted and had my ears pierced three times, each time almost passing out from the thought of a needle penetrating my ear. Anyway, yes, that is what you are saying despite claiming otherwise, and age has nothing to do with it.

PaulWeller 0

The girl I was dating on and off when I was 14 bought be earrings for Christmas one year. Of course I didn't have my ears pierced. Then again, I've never met a 14 year old dude with his ears pierced, so Idk what her problem was.

Omg u got some diamond earrings and you are bitching I know that's ****** up but still u got some diamonds.

At least he meant good, and only didn't remember your eye color or something :D

If you often wear clip on earrings he might have thought they were pierced.... My eyes are blue but my boyfriend says they're green sometimes, although blue/green mix up is probably more common, but my Mum has hazel eyes and they have both green and brown in them.

Maybe just a slip of his pen...diamond=whole life 4 u.so u two could have the whole life u see the color is brown or green. stupid word...cause m not english spoken :p