By Taylor - 20/07/2012 18:23 - United States - Columbus

Today, my boyfriend asked me if I wear makeup much. Expecting him to say something about my natural beauty, I replied with an honest "no." His smiled softly, gently squeezed my shoulder, and said, "Maybe you should." FML
I agree, your life sucks 28 463
You deserved it 3 747

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You should ask him if he uses penis enlargement pills.

Op just paint her face like joker and then say "why so serious?" to him.

Comments

MarisaCB 16

Seriously? The "dump him" comment. No. I think that this was one of the nicer ways of putting it. He could have called her ugly and thrown some make up at her. Like the person above somewhere said, it could have been waayyyy worse.

MarisaCB 16

I'm not in any way insecure and I always wear make up. Wearing make up isn't some terrible thing for the media-obsessed woman of today or anything. Its fun, and artistic. I think some people look fine without make up. Others could use it. But the "natural is best" spiel is seriously annoying as hell. Not everyone wants to be natural. Its a choice. Like getting an orange spray tan. If they feel confident, then **** off. Its their life, not yours.

InfiniteSecret 20

I love when people say "I'm not insecure but...." Really devalues their point when they try to say something and use but, it just makes you seem insecure that you have to say you aren't insecure.

KiddNYC1O 20

The natural look is far from overrated, my friend.

jaredofmo 22

You know what? I don't know you, OP, and I don't know what you look like, but if you're that confident, then YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL!

With_Love929 3

That happens to me all the time. It isn't exactly because you're ugly, he probably wants you to wear make-up to enhance your natural beauty. :) Just saying.

Why not enhance the boyfriend's natural beauty too, then? Some make-up will look good on him, I'm sure. Not the layers of foundations, just something to even out the color of his face and bring out the shade of his eyes.

Some people don't appreciate natural beauty and that's their problem! I'm sure you look fine OP!

hateevryone 14

Don't do it. I don't wear makeup. There's nothing wrong with natural beauty, some girls need to realize that.

Exactly that. No girl should need makeup to feel beautiful.

urnext123 1

Well he is being honest maybe its time to start wearin some hun

Your boyfriend is a major jerk and you deserve better. If he can't respect your natural beauty and expects you to put on ridiculously expensive goop, to hell with him. You should dump him.

TheRpQueen 0

Lala why can't we be friends why can't we be friends!