By Taylor - 20/07/2012 18:23 - United States - Columbus

Today, my boyfriend asked me if I wear makeup much. Expecting him to say something about my natural beauty, I replied with an honest "no." His smiled softly, gently squeezed my shoulder, and said, "Maybe you should." FML
I agree, your life sucks 28 463
You deserved it 3 747

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You should ask him if he uses penis enlargement pills.

Op just paint her face like joker and then say "why so serious?" to him.

Comments

Tisk, I bet u look beautiful with out makeup

iBiteRoses 22

Why is everyone complaining about how "no one appreciates natural beauty" Maybe she really does need makeup...

OP don't complain. Rather put on make-up or dump him.

lelo007 11

I'm glad to date a guy who would rather me not wear make-up. He thinks it's nice when I do, but I also don't cake on an inch of powder or foundation like a lot of women I know do. I'd rather look natural than "fake" any day.

So why do women wear makeup, while men don't? Are women just generally uglier than men, and have to be prettied up so as not to scare the society?

I've thought about the same thing. My conclusion: society thinks it's okay for men to be naturally ugly, but women have to fix it - even if they don't really need it. On the list of what characteristics their partner should have, 'beauty' is pretty high in the list for men (about women), while women care more about their job and 'ability to support' - although not necessarily with those words. And yes, 'personality' and 'humor' and those standard things are higher up in the list for both. I myself don't wear make-up, but just because I'm too lazy to put the effort in.

InfiniteSecret 20

Society always puts more pressure on Woman to look pretty, attractive and all that than men. Woman are constantly told by society how they should look, act, dress, behave. Society doesn't put as much pressure onto men than woman

Seriously OP, if this happened to me, I'd wear war-paint to the next meeting with him.

KayMac 2

My man loves me with or without make up. He is the one that tells me...baby let your face have a break..you don't need all that I can't see you wearing that make up one more day. Maybe he should start to see that it's not whats outside that counts but it's what's inside that does! Time for a new boyfriend!!