By Disappointed - 30/05/2015 20:05 - United States - Lexington

Spicy
Today, my boyfriend and I celebrated our 5 year anniversary. All I got was him stopping by for a quickie before he went into work. FML
I agree, your life sucks 32 601
You deserved it 4 500

Same thing different taste

Comments

Not sure which would be worse: if he forgot, or if that was his gift.

man_in_black08 28

That does suck - hopefully you both do something fun in the evening. But you didn't mention that you got him anything to celebrate! Isn't there a bit of gender equality needed here?

Some persons (men OR women) do not realize how important it is for their partner. communicating is the key... It took years for my husband... He doesn't take hints so I have to ask clearly what I expect (his suggestion). Everybody's happy now !

gintwinsmoore 20
khoov19 20

why is everyone assuming that they are ready for marriage or anything beyond being bf/gf? Maybe the op didn't do anything special for him and as a result he returned the favor. then there is the opposite side and needs to remember that yes he did make time to go to her before he had to go to work because she wouldn't go to see him. where is this sense of entitlement coming from that there always has to be some grand gesture made and gifts given. if it really has been a relationship for five years then there should be some understanding. maybe this man is actually doing his best and its still not good enough nd yes tht includes both sex nd no gifts or night out. if she has a problem she should absolutely talk to him nd not put it out here to make herself feel better. it is quite possible she is her own worst enemy in this relationship.

The sense of entitlement comes from movies. If women want us to treat them like they're in a romantic comedy then they'd better be ready for us to treat them like they're in a porno.

I'm pretty sure I meant they want us to treat them like they're in a RomCom and we want them to treat us like we're in a porno. Not the version that came off /much/ more assholish than this one.

This fml has too much hidden back story to make a proper judgement. If every special occasion is treated by either party with such disregard, it's probably best they're only dating.

Dont listen or consider internet relationship advices that are posted on the internet. Never. But I do advice you to punch him right in the face when he comes back from work. Or since it your 5th anniversary, surprise him and punch him at work.

that's domestic abuse, actually OP could settle this like an adult and ask for something special.

No, 41, that was a joke. Reread it.

lol work comes first try to be a bit co operative

MdMan2 23

That's messed up. Sorry about that OP.