By Disappointed - 30/05/2015 20:05 - United States - Lexington

Spicy
Today, my boyfriend and I celebrated our 5 year anniversary. All I got was him stopping by for a quickie before he went into work. FML
I agree, your life sucks 32 601
You deserved it 4 500

Same thing different taste

Comments

I'd like to know how old they are. 5 years typically means it's a serious relationship, but if he came over for a quicky, they don't live together, which after 5 years and no commitment, suggests not so serious, maybe more convenience? Either way, OP you need to sit him down and talk to him about your relationship and what it means to you, as well as where you would like to see it going. 5 years is a long time to be with someone without furthering the relationship in some way. Communication is key.

With all respect, your comment is a load of bollocks. You are basically saying that because they don't live together it cannot be a serious relationship.

No I'm not, I said it suggests. Not that it isn't. Just as I said after 5 years it would suggest that it was serious. We don't know the circumstances but without more detail no one can say if it is or not. And that either way OP needs to talk to her bf because 5 years is a lot of time to spend on something that might not be going anywhere.

I don't see how in any way this suggests that it isn't serious. People go where they feel comfortable with their relationships, and there could be all sorts of reasons why they don't live together.

"We don't know the circumstances but without more detail no one can say if it is or not" Most 5 year relationships are serious, but most 5 year relationships have had some sort of movement towards the future. Hence the "suggests". Suggesting something does not mean it is accurate. People do go where they are comfortable in their own relationship, but based on the information provided, it sounds as if OP takes the relationship more seriously than her bf. This brings me back to my point. Communication between the two of them is key.

Hmm. Well. If it helps for my cousins anniversary, 35 years and her husband got her foil roses. Yah. Foil roses....

Two things, first, you didn't mention that you were gonna do anything special for him. Second, he had work, sometimes no matter how hard you try you can't take days off. Maybe he wanted to do something but wasn't able to.

Am I the only one here who doesn't see this as a dig at the bf, but rather just explaining a rather unfortunate circumstance? From how I interpreted this, OP's bf came over for a short amount of time, and did what he could, but it is shit that he had work, which is what the FML is about.

What ever happened to a little romance? I think you deserve a lot more then that. Sorry OP!

I'm sure he will make it up to you another day..he did had to work... Don't think too much into it..

OP here..I did get him this shirt he's been wanting and I'm taking him to get a new pair of shoes he's wanted too. But he says he doesn't want anything because that means he has to spend money in return. But I still haven't received anything (not that I was expecting to). We are both 21 and met freshman year in high school. He still hasn't tried to do anything to celebrate either. To him it was just another day.

It sounds like you two need to sit down and have a major reevaluation of the relationship.

My boyfriend and I would be celebrating our 4 year anniversary in about 3 weeks. He was killed in a car accident in September. Do you know what I'd give to just be able to see him, especially on our anniversary? Everything I have. You don't realize the things that you take for granted until they're gone. My advice to you is; be happy he made an effort to see you at all, regardless of how you spent your time together. Think about what you have to lose. Do the material things really matter? Not to me. I think your time is the best gift you can give. Happy anniversary.

Quickie before going to office thats hot.

bobsanction 18

Sorry you have to be dating someone that's gainfully employed. Maybe date a bum next time and you wont have to worry about a pesky job getting in the way.

OP responded, it wasn't the job that for in the way. He treated it like any other day. Just because someone has a job, doesn't mean they can't set aside a few hours on an important day, say, like after work? The bf needs to eat too right? Better quality time would be having Mac and cheese together for dinner, than a quicky first thing in the morning.