By Disappointed - 30/05/2015 20:05 - United States - Lexington

Spicy
Today, my boyfriend and I celebrated our 5 year anniversary. All I got was him stopping by for a quickie before he went into work. FML
I agree, your life sucks 32 601
You deserved it 4 500

Same thing different taste

Comments

at least he came by. some people don't even get that, be grateful.

YDI. Sorry, but when i see people that say "all i got" i cringe. So what, he has to buy you material things or he doesn't love you?

Hey better than nothing op at least He remembered. That counts for something

after 5 years of just dating he hasn't proposed yet? ydi for staying with a guy that long/no ring and still expecting him to make you a big deal at the same time. he obvi doesn't see you as a priority. move on, or beat his ass until he treats you right. ydi for actually giving him the quickie.

TallMist 32

What's wrong with waiting for marriage? 5 years may seem like a long time, but the man has every right to wait until he's ready for marriage. Maybe they can't AFFORD to get engaged/married yet, ever think of that? Or maybe something is going on that's preventing them from getting engaged/married. Or, perhaps, this is one of those couples who don't even want to get married and believe that, if the relationship was meant to be, they'd never permanently break up. There's a huge list of reasons as to why people that have been dating for 5 years aren't married yet. You shouldn't judge someone for not wanting to/being able to marry.

TallMist 32

Also, the fact you suggested actually beating the guy up. Seriously? You think violence is the answer here? Yeah, sure, that'll make him wanna stick around more. Not.

TallMist 32

Not always. Some people are too broke to be able to afford being able to buy a ring.

If he's still a "boyfriend" after five years, not a fiancé and not a husband, time to go.

TallMist 32

Read the reply I gave to the comment above yours. And let's add on to it, actually: Some people do call the person they're engaged to a boyfriend/girlfriend.

Weirddate 11

Deprive him for as long as you can!

My boyfriend and i agree that we do something together for anniversaries...getting stuff for one another can be stressful. And that way we plan it out so no one forgets.