By Disappointed - 30/05/2015 20:05 - United States - Lexington

Spicy
Today, my boyfriend and I celebrated our 5 year anniversary. All I got was him stopping by for a quickie before he went into work. FML
I agree, your life sucks 32 601
You deserved it 4 500

Same thing different taste

Comments

Jethco 15

What did you expect? You're in a relationship without commitment.

I should probably add that he works 3rd shift. He woke up, cut grass, went to the gym then stayed at home until he came over..

Sathane 21

Maybe he should have just skipped work, shown what an unreliable employee he is, possibly get reprimanded or fired making him unable to afford all the things you like to do, then you two breaking up since you're obviously at least a little self centred. Would that have been better?

Anything would have been better than a quicky. My husband and I don't do much for our anniversary but even if he is out of town, we still talk on the phone for a little bit to spend some quality time together. And btw, every single person in the world is at least a little self centered. Wanting to know that your bf still appreciates you after 5 years is normal.

I'm not saying he should have skipped work, but he could have skipped the gym and went another day or something.

uhnevermind 24

Not everybody goes to the gym?

You two probably just need to talk about the relationship. Some people don't get the whole importance of anniversaries and maybe he doesn't find it to be as important as you do

What is it about round numbers like 5, 10 , or 50 that are supposed to make anniversaries significant? In fact, why are they supposed to be significant in the first place?

Because people like to celebrate their happiness? Relationships are hard work, celebrating successes is normal.

What did you get him? I wouldn't call this an FML unless you have him something nice and he didn't return the favor

5 years and still living separately?