By Anonymous - 14/06/2010 23:39 - United States

Today, my boss told me I was fired 3 weeks ago because there was no money to pay me, meaning that I worked the last three weeks for free. FML
I agree, your life sucks 46 359
You deserved it 3 053

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Belief_fml 0

How is that not illegal? The boss thing I mean.

There was no money to pay you? Umm...Darling, I don't see that business lasting much longer.... So sorry all this bad luck piled up on you in one day.

Comments

Xquisite1 28

I truly feel for u. it's hard out there right now. u really need to view your legal options about both situations. be blessed.

sgaske 3

you could sue your boss. there are labor laws you know. you could also go after your landlord. in most states they have to give 30 days notice. so you could end up on top here.

oh...I was expecting something witty...

piss all over the apartment and get outta there before anyone notices lol

Yeah, I call BS. You live in the US. Your boss cannot do that. Neither can your landlord. When you are not on a lease, you are a month to month tenant. He needs to give you 30 days notice minimum. You either gravitate to sketchy people and are very naive or you made this up.

if you take it lying down you deserve it. fight both.

Take your boss to court. If you weren't informed about being let go, they have to pay you whether they have the money or not. It's illegal for employees to work for free unless it's in a contract somewhere. Sucks about the apartment tho...

unless you were told 3 weeks ago and chose to ignore him, its illegal for him to do that. take that sorry ass to court!