Cut the crap

By Anonymous - 20/10/2016 17:59 - Singapore - Singapore

Today, as usual, I got to my internship early, did everything my bosses asked. At the end of the day, I was fired after 3 weeks of working unpaid overtime because they found an applicant with more experience for the job I applied to and they wanted to cut costs. FML
I agree, your life sucks 10 959
You deserved it 717

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You were working for free! Is the new guy playing them to work there? If not, they could've offered you the job at reduced pay. In a way good for you to not be working with idiots.. Best of luck with the job hunt mate.

Comments

You were working for free! Is the new guy playing them to work there? If not, they could've offered you the job at reduced pay. In a way good for you to not be working with idiots.. Best of luck with the job hunt mate.

I think this was a paid internship but there was no overtime pay

I hope you pissed in your boss' last coffee you made. Sorry that people are assholes OP.

Sorry, that's just bad luck. As crappy as that is, at least the reason is valid. It's not like you got fired because the guy had bigger **** than you do.

At first I thought this took place in america because I know a lot of fellow college students who've been through similar things.

Well of course they're going to hire the more experienced person. It sucks but businesses generally prefer going in that direction for valid reasons. If you really worked as hard as you say you did then I'm sure they'll have no problem putting in a good word for you wherever you apply next.

It would depend on the wording in their employment contract, however, working in an unpaid internship I would say no, OP cannot sue. When it's unpaid, the job is only for experience.

tounces7 27

And this is where you wish for the new guy to be a complete **** up and have it bite them in the ass.

Time to pawn all the copy machines and leave the state!