By Anonymous - 14/06/2010 23:39 - United States

Today, my boss told me I was fired 3 weeks ago because there was no money to pay me, meaning that I worked the last three weeks for free. FML
I agree, your life sucks 46 359
You deserved it 3 053

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Belief_fml 0

How is that not illegal? The boss thing I mean.

There was no money to pay you? Umm...Darling, I don't see that business lasting much longer.... So sorry all this bad luck piled up on you in one day.

Comments

The boss never told OP he was fired until 3 weeks after the fact, darling.

Jessi2487 0

oh i get it now. im kinda slow tonight sworry :-/

FiveStar83 0

#15 lol Milton and his streamline stapler. Great movie! lol

DrainedOfSanity 4

I have room if you're in Texas. Such as it is....

catkat1988 17

lol, this one is ridiculous. I'm not surprised considering the current crisis, but what the hell makes an employer think it's okay to fire someone in hindsight? I mean, "sorry dude, I know it's been three months since I last paid you, but since I don't have the money, consider yourself fired three months ago..."? Come off it. See your labor union, labor board or whomever you can talk to, or just plain sue his ass. Don't let him get away with it. Even if he can fire you whenever without notice and for whatever reason, he can't fire you in hindsight. He has to pay you for work you've done before he decided to tell you you're fired.

YourEvilHero 12

I agree with 6 and this is the first time I seen someone get 1 and 2.

Yeah, your boss is an idiot- he's legally obligated to pay you for time worked; I say, don't sue immediately. Look up the law so you know the wording, then approach your boss and politely explain the situation, and tell him that as long as he pays you what he owes you, plus maybe a little something by way of a severance package, everything can be groovy. Otherwise, court court court- sue sue sue, and have him stripped of his business license, since he either lacks the smarts to run a business, or he does know better and he's hoping you don't so he can get away with it. Either way, scum scum scum scum scum. /glory to the vindalooan empire!