By Anonymous - 14/06/2010 23:39 - United States

Today, my boss told me I was fired 3 weeks ago because there was no money to pay me, meaning that I worked the last three weeks for free. FML
I agree, your life sucks 46 359
You deserved it 3 053

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Belief_fml 0

How is that not illegal? The boss thing I mean.

There was no money to pay you? Umm...Darling, I don't see that business lasting much longer.... So sorry all this bad luck piled up on you in one day.

Comments

Ouch. True FML, so fyl op :/ hope things get better soon.

guitar4life91 0

someones life is messed up ehem

That is not legal. If you worked, they HAVE to pay you, end of story. I'd take them to court or get a lawyer and threaten to sue if I were you. And sorry about the lease thing, that sucks. I hope you have some place to go.

rubyliu8420 7

You could sue and win; however if they have no money as it is, they are likely to be declaring bankruptcy which means you get a legal bill and the feeling of avenging yourself with no hope of recovering a monetary award. If they do not declare bankruptcy you could earn yourself a pretty penny or two and get your old boss slapped with a fine.

codymaxey033 0

Wow. Definently file a law suit on your boss, that has to be illegal!

Not only does it have to be illegal - it IS. Can you say the word: sue? because that is what you're gonna have to do.. It might also be a good idea, because you can sue them for more than you worked for (; (atleast, thats possible in some states)

Yes you definitely have a legal situation on your hand. Everyone is write you need to take care of this. You don't deserve to be treated like that! I have this service that gives me access to a law firm. I just call this number and they are able to help me with everything and anything. All I do is pay a flat monthly rate and I am able to use them whenever and however many times I want. Its really nice. Here is the site that you can out some information and get a hold of someone. http://www.prepaidlegal.com/info/erinkhall Hope you are able to get this situation taken care of. People need to stop taking advantage of people.

play the lotto. people alaways win when stuff like that happens