By Anonymous - 14/06/2010 23:39 - United States

Today, my boss told me I was fired 3 weeks ago because there was no money to pay me, meaning that I worked the last three weeks for free. FML
I agree, your life sucks 46 359
You deserved it 3 053

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Belief_fml 0

How is that not illegal? The boss thing I mean.

There was no money to pay you? Umm...Darling, I don't see that business lasting much longer.... So sorry all this bad luck piled up on you in one day.

Comments

camilynn 0

to 45 I live in NC and by law landlord has to give 30 days in an eviction but the tenant also has to be served with an eviction notice for it to be relevant. he can't just tell tenant to get out.

are we talking about actual Indians or native Americans? before you call me stupid, think of all the people that call native Americans Indians. I'm just asking 'cause I'm part native American and I don't smell bad!

Igor_g5 0

On the bright side, if you don't have a job is a good thing that you don't have rent to pay. Seriously, if you weren't told that you were fired, they have to pay you for time worked. and the landlord has to give you 30 days notice.

If he told you 3 weeks ago informing you he will have no money to pay you, why do you still show up to work?

It says that the boss fired him 3 weeks ago but didn't tell him that and told him he was working free because of that

Your boss can not do that, he must pay you. Call the North Carolina Department of Labor at 1-800-NC-LABOR (625-2267). They should be able to help. N.C. General Statutes, Chapter 95, Article 2A Wage and Hour Act, § 95-25.7 Payment to Separated Employees: Employees whose employment is discontinued for any reason shall be paid all wages due on or before the next regular payday either through the regular pay channels or by mail if requested by the employee.

geordieboysgirl 0

Stand up to both of them. You don't work for free. File a complaint. Your landlord can't put you out in two weeks, lease or no lease. They must give you proper written notice and it would range from 30 to 60 days depending on where you live. If you refuse to leave they can't just put your stuff out on the street you must be evicted and that can be a lengthy process (I've have to evict tenants and believe me - the law favors the tenant).

That's incredibly illegal, you definitely need to be reporting that.

Make sure you check your boss's office door. It might be unlocked, and there may be an envelope with a check for a large sum of money because one of your co-workers tried to rip off the company. Then you can go on a tropical vacation and complain about the big grains of salt on the rim of your margarita when you asked for no salt, and the fact that you asked for a Mai Tai and they brought you a piña colada. Of course, this would be after you set the building on fire and ran away. All jokes aside, this is definitely an FML.

Xquisite1 28

I truly feel for u. it's hard out there right now. u really need to view your legal options about both situations. be blessed.