By gt - 23/09/2010 00:52 - Canada

Today, my boss fired me because I corrected him after he misspoke during a meeting. FML
I agree, your life sucks 15 788
You deserved it 35 782

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Oh darling, no!! No no no no!! NEVER correct your boss! You're just ASKING for unemployment when you do that! If they're higher up than you, they're always right, even when they're wrong!

Comments

Never correct your boss in public. You should have known better. Learn your lesson for the future. YDI.

BeachPanda 0

i can see it boss: "see if we just begin mass producingcool whip then" op: "coolwip" boss: "..... what?" op: "its pronounced coolwip not coolhwip" boss: ".... who hired u?..."

screelov 0

Wait, was it this: "It was neither This or That "Sir, you mean, 'nor.'" Or was it: "So then we can get all our trucks in a row!" "Ducks, it's get all our *ducks* in a row." Or was it: "So our total sales in that quarter should bring us to a total of $250 billion in profit." "I think you mean million?" Or was it: "So Marketing should have it done by the 12th." "Actually, Sir, they sent in revisions just before the meeting, it'll be the 18th now." Or was it: "I sure could use a Coke." "You mean Pepsi. Coke's shit." Because some of these things are not like the others.

antoinemartinez 0
kportal69 5

he cant fire you for that. wrongful termination. you can fight it.

Most states in the U.S. are "employment at will". This means that the employer can fire an employee for pretty much any reason, even nonsensical reasons, with the exception of race, color, creed, etc. So, if an employer doesn't like the color of tie an employee wears or the way the employee chews his/her food or the kind of car the employee drives, the employer can fire that employee without notice and without offering severence. You and I would call these types of terminations "without just cause", but the employer doesn't need a "just cause" to terminate. Even if the "protected class" employee feels he/she was terminated due to race, color, creed, etc., it's up to he/she to prove it, which can be very difficult and expensive to pursue in court.

yeah. your right. So you can get your job back so he can fire you a second time for being a dickwad. You could have handled it better.

I'm sorry, I knew thaat yoou don't correct yoour boss and I'm 14...

God, I thought I'd gone cross-eyed for a second...

devans00 14

unfortunately you had to pay for his small , fragile ego

Anybody who clicks " you deserved it" is probably horrible with their grammar as well.