By Anonymous - 30/06/2016 20:42 - United States - Milwaukee

Today, my boss threw me out of her office during a conference call for daring to correct her. The client fired the company because she subsequently got all the information on the call wrong, and plainly had no idea what was going on. From all the screaming, this is now all my fault. FML
I agree, your life sucks 13 012
You deserved it 901

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Sometimes you have to watch people fail on their own. If you try to help them, they just use you as a scapegoat for their ignorance.

dietcoke09 25

It sucks when people higher up think they know everything when they know nothing. Try not to worry too much, once she cools off she'll realize her mistake. Hopefully!

Comments

Welcome to the Chain of Screaming.

Your report is the crap that crap craps!

dietcoke09 25

It sucks when people higher up think they know everything when they know nothing. Try not to worry too much, once she cools off she'll realize her mistake. Hopefully!

Sometimes you have to watch people fail on their own. If you try to help them, they just use you as a scapegoat for their ignorance.

This is the best comment here. It sucks that OP is taking the fall for his boss, however if OP hadn't corrected her, she wouldn't have anybody to blame but herself.

Well, unless she was a specialist in that field specifically there to answer any questions about that area.

Sadly, if he didn't correct the boss then it's his fault for not doing so. (OP seems to be a man).

"why didn't you correct me? It's your fault I gave them the wrong info, you should've known better" is what I imagine would come of it, some times you will just get screwed regardless of whether you help or not.

Really, she can only blame herself. OP tried to help, and was removed from the equation. If anything bad for OP comes of this, they should go to HR.

Why does OP seem like a man to you? I pictured a woman.

katachristic 19

Boss: "Now, Ms. Williams, w-" OP: "Uhh... it's Mrs. Johnson, ma'am." Boss and Client: "Excuse me?" Boss: "I apologize Mrs. Johnson. I was rudely interrupted. Now, as previously discussed, your initial investment of 100,000 doll-" OP: "You discussed with Mrs. Johnson only $50,000 earlier this wee-" Client: "You incompetent piece of-" Boss: "Everyone shut up! You're fired!"

It's a shame people like that get to be bosses

How dare you be so rude as to try and help . YDI definitely

I sincerely hope you're being sarcastic. OP was trying to help his boss avoid making a mistake that ended up costing the company a client. For some reason they are blaming him instead of the boss who screwed up. I hope when things cool down, everyone will realize that you are not to blame, OP, and your boss is.

That was sarcasm at its finest my friend

tantanpanda 26

#11, there were so many clues that pointed out that that comment was sarcastic. You might want to practice it, despite your fantastic grip on the language. sarcasm/just in case.

Well, I wouldn't say finest. But it was definitely clear that it was sarcasm.

someone get 11 a ladder and a net because that one went way over his or her head.

It's time to start looking for a new job. Don't tell your boss until you have the new position nailed though. There is absolutely no reason to put up with a boss who blames everything on you.

LAURA_EL_JUICE 6

One manager once told me, "even if they are wrong you dont correct them, and when they find out they were wrong and you didnt correct them its your fault" .WTF damn if you do damn if you dont.

Redgy22 26

You could have written a note for her to read therefore not interrupting her while the client was listening. Unprofessional of you but really shifty off her for blaming you for her screw up.

i would be on the lookout for a new job or different position in the company. Abuse like this only hurts you and you need to evaluate whether the money is worth enduring the hostile work environment.