By Anonymous - 14/04/2012 04:57 - United States - Paducah

Today, it was my 16th birthday. My surprise was a new car, that is now in the side of the garage because my mom lost control while driving it around front. FML
I agree, your life sucks 28 022
You deserved it 4 324

Same thing different taste

Comments

Greendaycheese 12

Be thankful and appreciate the fact that you at least got a damn car.

Thats another reason women shouldnt drive

I hope your mom was alright, and hey, at least you still have the car. It just has to be fixed up a bit. =)

So, you got a car at the age of SIXTEEN. It gets a bit damaged. So what do you do? You go on the internet and complain about it! Typical, rude, unappreciative, spoiled, idiotic, worthless, American BRAT. I see failure in your future if this is how you respond to such a magnificent birthday gift.

You bloody legend! Sick of Americans complaining about not getting cars etc on 16th birthdays, stop living in fantasy and face the real world...

It's not merely Americans who are overprivileged, whiny twats.

Don't get me wrong, I'm an American citizen. But I am a realist, and understand that some with no foreign culture tend to act like the idiot who wrote this FML. Now, my parents and grandparents and so forth are from the USSR; but I was born in San Francisco and raised with Russian culture and discipline. My grandfather was a hardworking chemical engineer who got his first car in America at the age of 45. He did not complain once. Same with my father, who got his car at age 22 after leaving the boat and working his ass off for two years. I am now 16; no car. Was I bit disappointed? Of course, but that was just an incentive to get a job and work for a car. Now this lazy bastard is causing a fuss over a PERFECTLY DRIVABLE car that has some damage to it. I would have gladly taken anything from an off-the-line BMW or an old pickup that got hit by a train. All the same to me.

I got a car for my 16th too...it was a real nice Hot Wheels Corvette. Then I later got 14 Trans Ams. Gotta love the Matchbox and Hot Wheels dealership :)

epicnessx0 0

ahhahah, at least that's better than getting nothing? xD

You get a new car on your 16th birthday and your life sucks? Champagne problem much?

Really, you got a car and it's now wrecked? How is this an FML? It can be fixed, so can the garage. I got New Moon, Eclipse and a half-eaten bag of gummy bears for my birthday. I don't even like Twilight. >.< Spoiled brats these days....

I think you can make an exception on "It's the thought that counts".