Lower your expectations

By Brilliant... - 25/05/2011 17:44 - United Kingdom

Today, it was my birthday. Some 17 year-olds will receive cars as presents from their parents. Mine, however, booked me a plot in the local graveyard. FML
I agree, your life sucks 50 580
You deserved it 5 308

Same thing different taste

Top comments

you have a disease and their not telling you.

rawrkittehpwnage 0

Comments

rawrkittehpwnage 0

hey look on the bright side it'll save you money in the future;)

hey look on the bright side it'll save you money in the future;)

no it doesn't!!! some people would die for a great present like that!! :)

somethinorother 0

If you got a car you would crash it anyway. To be honest, I don't trust my self with a car so I won't ask my parents for one.

brycereid 0

I before E except after C, DUH!!!

Funny how the word "receive" is magically corrected in the FML and suddenly spelled wrong in my comment, especially since if I actually had spelled it wrong, my phone would have automatically corrected it to receive. Good job, FML staff.

they're plotting something aren't they? XD jk but look on the bright side you won't have to buy one in the future:)

iluffmcrandbvb 1

I want that monster in your hand :/

SunshineBoy21 0

Better sleep with one eye open and start planning your move out kiddo. Did they also take out a life insurance policy on you? If so, grab whatever you can carry and run, run like the wind Bullseye! ;)

either that or they're planning one hell of a party for you.

PurpleRae420 0

Um WTF guess that means they want you to die That's what I would think if mine did it

imacreeper 3

that's not scary. that's not scary at all.

futtbuck101 1

Not many 17 year olds get graveyard plots. Consider yourself lucky for parents that care about your future.

i wonder when my lemmons will be sour enough for the judging..

imacreeper 3

71, OPs reaction must have been the expression on your pic.

DudeImBetter 0

Cars only last for years while graveyard plots last for ever. They were only thinking ahead to what really matters you should thank them for being so wise. I got a car btw lol

op is spoiled, she should be thankful that they even did anything

CaptainPickles72 18

79- I agree, she is acting spoiled. I hate how these kids expect a car right when they can drive. I knew a lot of kids in my high school who got newer car that were better than anyone in my family had and if they crashed them they got another new one. I had to get a job just to get a clunker that barely worked and it taught me how to appreciate the things I'm fortunate to have! So rambling aside, OP should just appreciate what she got and watch her back for her parents plot to kill her!

97, freakin' LOVE ur avatar pic! lol OP, perhaps it's a family tradition to buy the cemetery plots for kids before they come of age?

op sounds spoiled, stop bitchen and buy your own car

nothing says "Happy birthday" like a plot of land where dead people are.

TKello 6

That was exactly what I was thinking...they got some big plans ahead for the OP....

some kids in africa dont get anything at all.

christinarose 0

You dont buy yourself a plot after you're dead.

I bet they are gonna get OP a new expensiclve sports car, hope he crashes and then say "ha! knew that graveyard plot would cone in handy!"

alexg823 0

I never had a car. I commute by bike and I'm 20 :(

They should have given you a coffin then later the plot, coffins last at least 100 years that means you never have to buy a bed in your life. They also look quiet comfortable. But you could put the plot up for sell on craigs list and use the money to buy a car?

many people would DIE to have a great present like that!

staceysgenesis16 0

well atleast you got somethig OP!

Op, if your parents get you life insurance, Run!

OP's parents are smart, property prices are rising fast and it's a good investment!

I would agree, OP is bitching, I had to work for mine...

FlavaMash 1

ok op calm the f$&k down. with gas prices this high, why would u waste so much money just driving around. even having a clunker can cost you alot of money with maintenance. having a car is big responsibility. your parents care about u. maybe later in life when u suceed go purchase a new mercedes or bmw while other people cannot afford it. but please be patient

bugmenotmofo 34

Agreed. I bought my own car when I was 17. I don't remember getting more than a video game or two or something. Shut the **** OP, you spoiled bitch. Your parents spent serious money on that for you

you want a ******* car for your birthday? i cant even dream of that. spoiled kids expect $2000-$10000 items for their birthday. thats retarded.

ollallie 0

I hate the word retarded it's mean

Well look at it this way maybe it's precautionary measures. You have no car, the leading cause of death I teens is Car accidents. And if you end up dying(any way) then they already have the spot picked out.

as im reading everyones comment about cars ( which i agree you should be grateful on what you get ] , my ipod is giving me an ad about car insurance lol

78, plots don't last forever. If you buy a plot in the UK you are only actually reserving it for 100years max and then they can resell it to someone else.

Also 232 most plots are around £2000 ($3264) average so a car would be cheaper!

Oh baawwww, you didn't get a car from mommy and daddy. OP if you want something, either don't be a pussy and ASK FOR IT, or earn it your damn self like everyone else has to do in the real world.

sweetdreams999 0

lmao. talk about planning for the future OP. your parents are just trying to help. and don't be so selfish, a lot of kids don't get cars until they can buy them themselves.

I think OP was more disturbed by the gift of a funeral plot than by not receiving a car.

Ohmygiluvcookies 0

haha that's funny but kinda sucks too. my birthday is today too ^.^

iSitt 0

those are expensive and take up space. I'm donating my body to science horror.

jennifer93 0

I wouldn't have eaten the birthday cake...that's your moms "secret ingredient recipe" alright...

no.. I think your parents are trying to tell you something ....... maybe you should ... stay with a relative or friend for a while lol

there's nothing wrong with planning ahead. that's one less thing you have to worry about.

Daviddwd 0

like Justin beiber... parents want him dead. that sux.

Elenachka 0
JennaMarie420 2

well..at least you won't have to do it when you're older..but still that's kind of morbid.

lulututu 4

Maybe they can't wait to get rid of you. Or already have plans to get rid of you. :)

lol or maybe if their life was so horrible, they should just go die and enjoy their present... lol jk :)

itsfaithbabyy 0

that's actually hella funny ^ 

lol@259 -- but then whats the point of the plot?

^^or Justin beiber, either way I would love the parents

But if that son of a bitch comes out with another one of those things he calls songs MASS GRAVE FTW!

iAmScrubs 19

Your parents were thinking more "long-term" than the other parents.

xxsarahfxx 6

it's something you'll need later on! they're thinking ahead.

xxsarahfxx 6