By not_so_sweet_sixteen - 17/03/2009 03:10 - United States

Today, was my sixteenth birthday. I was hoping to get a car. Instead, my parents got me a 3 month membership at the gym so I can lose weight. FML
I agree, your life sucks 40 495
You deserved it 55 818

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Well I don't have a car, OR membership to a gym, and I'm eighteen. I'd be happy with either.

You shouldnt have expected them to give you a car. Youd be pretty lucky if you got a car and its not as if your parents are obliged to give their 16 year old a car. Take the gym membership. Be grateful

Comments

I agree with your parents. If you get a car you'll gain even more weight, beleive me

phreshboi 1

very true and you are one whiney bitch

Yeah stop complaining and lose the flab.

ahh your so lucky! maybe not what i would want for my sixteenth birthday but if you go with a friend it is so much better trust me

Well I don't have a car, OR membership to a gym, and I'm eighteen. I'd be happy with either.

lexihanway 5

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

i have both but even if i didnt you 195 are still the loser here

You shouldnt have expected them to give you a car. Youd be pretty lucky if you got a car and its not as if your parents are obliged to give their 16 year old a car. Take the gym membership. Be grateful

I didn't get a car until I was 21 and I had to pay for half of it. Be grateful your parents gave you a gift.

UltimateIdiot911 0

What's wrong with a gym membership? Your parents are looking out for you in your best interest. They feel you're too heavy and you need to lose some weight. Nothing wrong with that.

OP: I accidentally "agreed, your life is ******," so when you come here and calculate your sympathy, subtract 1. It shows a laughable sense of entitlement to say "I was hoping to get a car" and then baaaaaawwww when you don't. Parents shouldn't dictate their kids' weight (I'm on a rapid fat loss plan right now, even though my parents were like "OMG ITS TOO MUCH PROTEEN UR GONA GET A KIDNEE STOAN AND U DONT KNEAD IT ANYWAY"), but a gym membership is useful otherwise.

crackz12 10
Ninjasaurus18 9

That was some wonderful spelling on the part where you're quoting your parents. It had a good effect. But, yeah. 16 years old. Maybe instead of being a stuck up bitch, OP can use the gym membership, lose the weight, get a job and then, after enough money is earned, buy a car.

Before you criticize others, maybe you could learn to spell? OP: Build a bridge and get over it. Boo Hoo.

why is this a bad thing? gym memberships are expensive.. stop being such a delicate little flower and grow a back bone. are you upset your parents are calling you fat by getting you a gym membership? then get your ass down to the gym and do something about it, you have a membership now. everyone wants a car when they turn 16, you can't have everything you want. so stop whining and grow up.

What is this, My Super Sweet Sixteen? Stop whining, not everyone gets a car when they're 16.

Aetius_fml 0

I didn't get a car until I was 18 and my grandmother hit someone and lost her license. Someone literally had to almost die for me to get a car.

Wow great fml can't wait to see one when you break a nail. If this is really an fml the adult world will ******* destroy you.