By xero_art - 26/06/2009 09:51 - United States

Today, it's my birthday and I received a signed vintage Beatles' album from my wife. Awesome right? It's the same album some jerk way over-bidded me for on eBay. That jerk was my wife, using my credit card. FML
I agree, your life sucks 528
You deserved it 61

Top comments

Ouch, man. At least the album ended up safely in your hands at the end.

Awww. And then at Christmas, you could pawn your heirloom pocket watch so you could buy her some ornate haircombs for her long beautiful hair, and meanwhile, she cuts and sells her hair to buy you a chain for your heirloom pocket watch - what a riot! Oh, Henry, the IRONY!!!

Comments

mylifesucks97 0

wtf! dude, why can't you just be happy that she gave you a kickass gift! stop being so pessimistic and self-centered

The Beatles are awesome, just be happy you got that:)

xheartagram666 0

I'll take it. I love the Beatles. By all of them? Cuz I'd love to have Lennon's and Harrisons. You should just shut up and enjoy John Lennon and George Harrison's hotness.

Kristoffer 35

FYL for your wife not knowing your eBay username...and you not knowing hers. You don't need to know her password but you two should really share at least that much info.

for all the people saying that the wife used "his" money--is it not normal anymore for married couples to SHARE money? did i miss something??

Not every one does that... besides, its a gift.. why would she use the guys own credit card? 1. its his money 2. it doesn't really 'hide' what was just bought

RJB 0

It is not normal, so you wouldnt care if your wife/girlfriend went out a shopping spree with YOUR credit card, when ypou asked her WHAT THE ****!? THATS MY MONEY HOW COULD YOU DO THIS?! Oh I am sorry I thought we could share money and i bought it for my birthday! The she'll bitch you dont trust her. 9/10 times Man makes money in house therefore man spends his own money and wife needs to get money somehow, my dad/mom love each other very much but they do NOT share money at all, infact my dad spends more of his own money on my mom/his wife then he does himself A gift is gift when bought by someone else not when she takes your credit card and buys it for you, cuz ur paying for it. He voluntarlly spends it on her rather then her buying it herself My dad bought her an expensive diamond for anniversary, did my mom/his wife go and buy it herself with his credit card? then it wouldnt be a gift, gift 9/10 are meant to be surprises not I want this,that and ooh thats looks cool. Its supposed to be "oooh what did you get me? Those earrings I wanted?"

How do you know they don't both pay the bill? Me and my boyfriend have a joint checking account and a shared credit card. We both buy each other little gifts on our credit card and we both pay the bill each month. I make more money than him, so should it all be mine, then?

tash14 1

I won't say it's true in every case, but most couples I know have joint accounts. My parents buy gifts for each other all the time even though they share the account. They both pay off on the bills, but my mom is still happy to see that my dad got her something because it's still a fun surprise and vice versa.

4bbaf9d3caaa8f84 20

she bought your birthday gift with your money?

Some of you people haven't used eBay in awhile, have you? You can't see the full name of the other bidders, they block out the middle letters of the user name. So it wouldn't have mattered if he knew her eBay name.

RJB 0

OMG you actually know what your talking about, your the second person here to say what actually happens. everyone else thinks you can see the person's ID

Oh God, what a crybaby. If this is the worst thing that happens in your life, then God help you.

If you were the last bidder before her on ebay than she can't way over bid you. Sure she can bid like $100 more than you but she won't have to pay that much for it. That's not how ebay works. ;)

Uh, yes it is, unless you put in max bids.

You can only do max bids on eBay. You don't name a specific price, only the highest you're willing to go.

voveraite 7

Yes, but you pay just slightly over the highest bidder before you. So OP deserves it for having set such a huge max bid. Then, the credit card could have been for a joint account, and then, finally, I feel like shouting this: You CANNOT SEE EBAY USERNAMES OF OTHER BIDDERS! Just INITIALS WITH ***** BETWEEN THEM. So even if they knew each other usernames, it helps zilch.