By xero_art - 26/06/2009 09:51 - United States

Today, it's my birthday and I received a signed vintage Beatles' album from my wife. Awesome right? It's the same album some jerk way over-bidded me for on eBay. That jerk was my wife, using my credit card. FML
I agree, your life sucks 528
You deserved it 61

Top comments

Ouch, man. At least the album ended up safely in your hands at the end.

Awww. And then at Christmas, you could pawn your heirloom pocket watch so you could buy her some ornate haircombs for her long beautiful hair, and meanwhile, she cuts and sells her hair to buy you a chain for your heirloom pocket watch - what a riot! Oh, Henry, the IRONY!!!

Comments

_itsmeeex1bitchz 0

1. This is why you don't buy shit for yourself around your birthday 2. This is why you communicate with your partner about purchases like this 3. Would you have rathered she had used her own cash/credit card and bought you a tie or a pen? Learn to appreciate a partner who knows what you like and wants to get you something to make you happy. ****, when I was a kid, my mom used to give my brother and I money to get her Christmas and birthday presents because, well, we were kids and didn't have any money of our own. Do you really think she cared what we bought, or that it was her money? If you honestly don't understand why you should appreciate what she did for you, regardless of whether it was your credit card or not, you truly don't deserve the gift or the person who gave it to you.

wow... so she virtually made yu pay for mor on the same thing only as a birthday gift instead of yu buying it yurself... that's ****** up!..

Awww. And then at Christmas, you could pawn your heirloom pocket watch so you could buy her some ornate haircombs for her long beautiful hair, and meanwhile, she cuts and sells her hair to buy you a chain for your heirloom pocket watch - what a riot! Oh, Henry, the IRONY!!!

Bored_2_Death 0

nice "The Gift of the Magi" reference

BradTheBrony 19

Why the Gift of the Magi reference?

250 - Because that's the story in which the events described by 119 occurred.

akemeasandwhich 0

well you still got it but you still payed for so ummmm yeah

maxxo_fml 0

teach her a lesson by doing her anally...HARD!!! then get her to make you a sammich!

Dude, you have an absolutely awesome wife! Sure, there's a kind of "Gift of the Magi" irony to you getting into a bidding war with her, but it's super sweet of her to go out of her way to get that album for you. Count your blessings. Seriously.

kiit23 0

Maybe she used his credit card because she didn't have one with enough money on it to purchase it, and wanted to do something nice for him. Just because it was on his card doesn't mean he paid for it. It's a credit card, people. You pay it off. He never said she wasn't GOING to, just that it was -his- card. Either way, at least she got him something he really wanted.

People shouldn't shop for themselves for ONE MONTH before their birthday to avoid buying for yourself what someone might be buying for you. Especially if it's something you've always wanted and have openly mentioned as an item you'd like to have. I had to keep telling my boyfriend to NOT buy this jacket he'd had his eye on forever because I'd already bought it for him and was waiting to give it to him for his bday!