By Puddlepop - 01/03/2016 09:20 - United States - Santa Cruz

Today, in history class I was called "ignorant" and "inconsiderate" because I referred to Stalin as a "he". FML
I agree, your life sucks 24 222
You deserved it 1 658

Same thing different taste

Top comments

lol what? but...he is a "he"...we dont have to always call him by name...not just him but anyone...or am i missing something here?

Comments

RedCronos 17

This is tumblr nonsense. Apparently, referring to a man as a "he" or a woman as a "she" is not only transphobic, but gender binary. You have to be willing, according to tumblr, to accept genders like mayonnaise and helicopter. Obviously, Stalin was communistkin according to the tumblr rules.

thunderniron 22

Okay, I'll bite. If Stalin wasn't a 'he' then what?

This gender/sexuality craze is getting out of control. I actually watched a video earlier this week about how hymen myths and truths and people were actually mad that they kept saying "women" instead of "people with vaginas" because it was causing gender dysphoria in trans people. For gods sake.

As a transguy, people getting offended over shit like this annoys me way more than it should. Hell, I'm just angry right now reading this. It makes it harder to be taken seriously after hearing these kind of stories. I dare to bet most transpeople wouldn't agree with them.

The only thing I wish is for people to be comfortable with their own identities and stop trying to take someone else's or trying to please everyone. It simply doesn't work. The political correctness has nearly reached its zenith.

I have a friend who is trans and just getting through her first year of living full time and I know for a fact she wouldn't get offended if you said women have vaginas. It's true. It's wildly one sided how many women have vaginas vs how many other identities have or don't have them. It's stupid to pick apart the language like that and it makes you look like a pretentious prick. And I'm pretty liberal but people have got to stop taking everything so seriously.

I think people's problems with solely associating women/men with x genitals is that it allows people to reinforce the idea that trans people are just "crazy crossdressers" and not really a man/woman because they don't have said genitalia. And there's already so little trans inclusive or specific health.

I believe trans people have validity. Anyone who says they are a different species or have the soul of another animal is just retarded. Anyone on tumblr who says kill all men or other shit like that is just retarded. It seems like the people against OP are the kind on tumblr.

I'm not sure what any of that has to do with this specific comment 149.

aahowell 15

There's a saying "it is better to be ignorant for a moment than to be stupid for a lifetime."

I feel like there is a lot more to this story.

You must always refer to Comrade Stalin as Comrade Stalin

Watch your pronouns. I'm Mosinkin and it's highly offensive when someone misidentifies my gender.

But Stalin was a man who identified as a man. When talking about someone else then your personal pronouns don't matter, they only matter when you're the subject. We shouldn't have to call some dead cis gendered guy by a gender neutral pronoun to make you happy.

A mosin is a bolt action rifle. I was being sarcastic, but that doesn't always come out as well as it should. Espcially over text.

Actually, Stalin was a lizard monster in human form