By Puddlepop - 01/03/2016 09:20 - United States - Santa Cruz

Today, in history class I was called "ignorant" and "inconsiderate" because I referred to Stalin as a "he". FML
I agree, your life sucks 24 222
You deserved it 1 658

Same thing different taste

Top comments

lol what? but...he is a "he"...we dont have to always call him by name...not just him but anyone...or am i missing something here?

Comments

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway
ViviMage 38

So by that logic, Hitler, bin Landen, Judas, and Trump, all male, are its as an ideal of evil, not seen as human beings?

I have a real problem with that because it implies that they weren't human therefore humans aren't capable of that evil, which they clearly are. So giving them "monster" and "inhuman" status makes them seem different than us and that *normal* people aren't capable of such atrocities when they are. (not saying #33 and #27 are implying that, just some thoughts).

OP never said it was his history teacher.

It sounds more like you're the dumb one. OP never mentioned a history teacher and it was more likely because some people don't go by the pronouns they were assigned at birth. This is stupid because Stalin is long dead and he most likely identified as a male.

What I'd really like to know is who called you ignorant and inconsiderate, because if it was a class mate then you can just smile at their ignorance but if it was your history teacher, you have real problems.

rldostie 19

Stuff like this makes me afraid to be a professor.

TheGamingNirvana 18

Everyone knows that Stalin was a lizard person.

Wait! Stalin was a white, heterosexual male. I thought they were ok to stereotype still. When did that change?! Did I not get the memo?

Good for you, comrade! These dissidents will soon be in the salt mines or in the receiving end of a glorious KV2 shell, guided by Stalin's hand!

Oh, wow. Not just FYL but ours as well. The world is a sad place when you cant even use gender identifiers anymore.

I personally think it's a sad place when people are starving to death while there is plenty of food, but we must have different opinions

I'm willing to bet that idiot is one of those tumblr feminists. Ignore her and let her be stupid.