By storyteller - 04/10/2016 16:29 - United States - Elkhart

Today, I noticed I've been an Amazon Prime member for 2 years and never knew. FML
I agree, your life sucks 11 463
You deserved it 3 647

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Wizardo 33

Someone forgot to end their free trial.

You think you were just giving Amazon an annual $99 tip for just being awesome?

Comments

Wizardo 33

Someone forgot to end their free trial.

You think you were just giving Amazon an annual $99 tip for just being awesome?

JustinJK 21

Is it? I'm locked into like 50 bucks for student.

actually it's $107 after tax I was just billed

Just contact customer service and ask if they could just give you the money back. I know that some might say that it's your own fault and they shouldn't have to refund you, but it was a simple mistake and you didn't actually use their prime services so I think it's fair. And trust me, they would refund you. Their customer service is really good and the employees understand these situations and don't see everything as black and white. I usually talk to them via chat. Plus, you having proof that you didn't use their prime service (I'm assuming) for 2 years would help.

qteabutt 12

Yes this, they are very understanding people, one time my rental textbook got lost in the mail and I was charged with a late fee so I contacted them with chat and the lady was very nice and was able to revoke the late fee charge as well as stopping another late fee to the book.

Once I had a (prime) package that was delayed, but the tracking information still said it was suppose to arrive yesterday. I called to see what was up, just so I could know when I need to be home to get it, and they gave me an extra month of prime for free because it was delayed! It's always worth giving them a call. Even if they can't completely refund you, maybe they'll extend your current membership for free or something. Then you can take advantage of what you unknowingly paid for!

I had the free trial and forgot to end it but I just talked to them and since I hadn't used it they gave me a complete refund

Either you're too wealthy to notice on your bank statement or you just don't check your bank statement.

foxesntea 22

I know I try to avoid my bank statements. I should probably really stop doing that.

Surely after 2 years you'd notice a strange amount going out of your bank account every month?

shortcake563 21

amazon prime is a one time payment once a year for $99

You can pay monthly for Prime too. I believe its 8.99 a month. So slightly more a year.

Maybe it's because I'm poor, but how the hell do you not pay attention to your bill?

This post just saved my life, I had 3 days left on my free trial and completely forgot about it

Amazon Prime is very useful around Christmas time. I started my trial in the beginning of December and ended it before January. I would continue to use if it was a monthly subscription or if I shop often.

okamiyazaki 8

Whenever you sign up for a free trial, end it immediately. You can almost always still use the rest of the trial period without forgetting about it and getting an auto charge.

Well **** you too, OP. Flaunting your finances at us.