By Puddlepop - 01/03/2016 09:20 - United States - Santa Cruz

Today, in history class I was called "ignorant" and "inconsiderate" because I referred to Stalin as a "he". FML
I agree, your life sucks 24 222
You deserved it 1 658

Same thing different taste

Top comments

lol what? but...he is a "he"...we dont have to always call him by name...not just him but anyone...or am i missing something here?

Comments

He was a ruthless dictator that killed about 70 million of his own people and took over many Eastern European countries. You should have referred to him as "it".

Hey, even if he was a monster, he still deserves to be remembered as a man.

Bruh for one he killed 18 million still a lot not 70 million. Learn facts before you rant

CliffyB03 28

So rude. Didn't you know he identified as an Apache Helicopter?

In Soviet Russia, inconsiderance calls class! inconsiderance ain't a word o-O

I'm pretty sure that proper English is still expected of all students, so whomever it was that called OP those names is just retarded.

Whoever because it's acting as the subject of that clause (whoever is modify "it"). Whoever is doing the action (calling), not receiving it (that would be OP). "Was" is a linking verb and always takes the subjective—that's why it should be "it was *I*", not "it was *me*". But it's really not a big deal. I just thought it was funny that the original commenter called for proper grammar, yet used "whomever" incorrectly.

askullnamedbilly 33

What's the name of your school, tumblr?

embracingsilence 15

The other students are obviously tumblr users.

ViviMage 38

Josef/Joseph Stalin was a beast of a MAN, that liked to jam a fat finger into one eye and pop the other out, blinding his foes. Why is "he" the wrong pronoun?

Did you use it in a sentence like "He was a great man?"

Ihavegas 22

in soviet russia, this would not be a problem.

There has to be much more to this story.