By Puddlepop - 01/03/2016 09:20 - United States - Santa Cruz

Today, in history class I was called "ignorant" and "inconsiderate" because I referred to Stalin as a "he". FML
I agree, your life sucks 24 222
You deserved it 1 658

Same thing different taste

Top comments

lol what? but...he is a "he"...we dont have to always call him by name...not just him but anyone...or am i missing something here?

Comments

I was reading sometime the other day and it said the cult of Stalin. I thought it said the cult of satan

Micro Aggressions, people are getting offended by everything now a days. It's really sad.

There must be more to this story. There is no way people got that worked up over literally nothing.

tarlax 11

You're clearly new to Tumblr and the internet in general.

But Stalin literally means Steel Man

Op I can relate, I was told to apologize to an African foreign exchange student because I'm white. They denied that I most of my family lived in the north and my other family came to America after WWI.

That's just wrong. Who comes up with these things and think they're justified to say this

So afraid to be seen as racist that the school was being incredibly racist.

LittleLittlered7 6

by who? A classmate? Is it now not PC to assume gender?

Honestly, it's getting ridiculous, I was told I was politically incorrect for referring to people as "sir" and "ma'am". Transgender, fine, but these made up genders, bigender, agender, genderfluid, and having to ask people "what pronouns do you prefer?" is just getting way too far.

I'm all for supporting people's identities, but there comes a point where it feels people are doing it to be "special snowflakes".

People say that it's scientifically linked that misgendering a trans person can cause them to commit suicide. It's bullshit. Everyone decides how to react to things, commiting suicide is a choice.

AChaoticFray 25

Did they want you to say 'it' because he was a bad guy?

OP we need a follow up, and possibly a full time blog. Your world sounds crazy.