By Puddlepop - 01/03/2016 09:20 - United States - Santa Cruz

Today, in history class I was called "ignorant" and "inconsiderate" because I referred to Stalin as a "he". FML
I agree, your life sucks 24 222
You deserved it 1 658

Same thing different taste

Top comments

lol what? but...he is a "he"...we dont have to always call him by name...not just him but anyone...or am i missing something here?

Comments

Trolloled 16

Was HE not a he? Anyway, maybe they wanted you to call him "it" because I guess he was sort of a monster in a sense. I don't know, that's just dumb. The man was a he regardless of anything wtf?

I think the confusion was coming from the whole gender identity thing that has been present in social media these past couple of years really prevalently. However, your class is ridiculous and foolish, he's a dead world leader of course he classified as a "he", he had a wife, maybe even wives and was a very 'macho' "he" ???

Looks like your teacher is from USSR and totally devoted to Stalin, this is the only way I can explain this happened to you :D

In today's society, calling God "He" would get some of those responses, but a person? I feel like there's more to this story.

Didn't you know? I met god the other day. She is black. (something a friend of mine used to say)

Didnt happen today because you posted at 3:20 am

This feels like one of those "so overtly bizarre that there is probably omitted crucial context" situations.

quarterbird 18
Sk8brdmenace 17

Sadly tragic on you're end but that made coffee almost shoot out my nose. I laughed out loud. Good FML!

soup_of_the_day 10

Sadley, I must repeat a common phrase. "Those who can do. Those who can't, teach. The youth are in trouble, but its because teachers fresh out of college don't know better.

That phrase is so ******* terrible and is the reason that teachers burnout. They have no support and have to put with abusive parents and students all for the general public to get upset at the teachers for a system they didn't invent (the US education system specifically).

How else are you supposed to refer to Stalin as?