By but I tried anal and everything - 22/11/2012 16:13 - United States - Des Moines

Today, in break from tradition, I proposed to my boyfriend. We were at a Japanese Pagoda. Water was trickling everywhere; the moment was perfect. While I was on my knee, after pouring my heart out, he looked wistfully out over the water and said, "So, I was thinking pizza tonight." FML
I agree, your life sucks 33 793
You deserved it 6 702

Same thing different taste

Comments

And some people have decided it's an outdated tradition and that it's okay for the woman to propose rather than waiting around forever for the guy to propose. Strange, I know.

My boyfriend turned me down with at least a "I'm not ready for that yet, but I am serious about you," when I tried. A few months later he did propose to me, though. I guess it's a lot easier when you have a good idea what the answer will be... Maybe you'll have the same luck (if you still want him, that is...) Really sucky that your guy couldn't at least pull together a respectful answer.

carminecris89 13

I know that not everyone likes tradition but most guys don't like when you take take on traditional roles they handle. Most importantly though, if he hasn't asked you it's because he's not ready. Asking him takes you out if the feminine role and won't get you desired results. You shouldn't even have to ask. He's supposed to want to take you off the market. If he hasn't then maybe you're not the one and wasting your time.

RedPillSucks 31

I'm not sure I understand how you know what most guys want. Getting married should be a joint decision. The only problem I see here is that she probably didn't really know if he wanted to or not. If both are cool with marriage, I don't see what the woman has to wait for the guy to ask.

carminecris89 13

110 I'm speaking from experience and from what I've seen but not every guy is like that. I do agree it should be a joint decision though and talked about before there's a proposal.

He was embarrassed she shouldn't have proposed to him. You know how embarrassing it is to have a girl propose to you? It takes away your manhood

Oh please. Are men's ego's really this pathetically fragile?

How does she know he wasn't planning on proposing to her in the close future. Leave proposing to the guy

Major props to u. He should've said yes since ur so wonderful. But if he doesn't want it he's prob not serious for u. Move on

Well, at least he stayed. You proposed so I'm assuming you are sane and had discussed marriage with him previously. He probably had his own way of proposing in mind and hopefully he'll be ready soon. Hang in there op!

Give him time to apologise, if you get no apology have a serious talk, seems he isn't ready for marriage but that is no reason for him to be so hurtful about it. He is selfish op, I'm sorry. :(