By wetbutt - 06/03/2009 17:49 - United States

Today, I yelled at my little brother for leaving the toilet seat up and told him he needed to go around the house and make sure they were all down. I went to the bathroom later to find that the toilet seats and covers from every toilet had all been removed and were sitting on my bed. FML
I agree, your life sucks 17 990
You deserved it 68 569

Same thing different taste

Top comments

wolfking 0

why is it that girls are always so adamant about leaving the seat down? do guys yell at girls if the seat is down, and we have to use the very small amount of effort needed to lift the seat? cause that's pretty much the same thing

Comments

Blind_Ninja 0

I agree 100% with number 15's: "If you want to get technical, a man has to put much more effort in bringing a toilet seat up then a woman has to exert to put it down. Simple physics everyone." That simple reason is why I no longer regularly put the toilet seat down. Personally, I don't like to get my hands dirty. Putting my hands under a toilet seat is disgusting. There's no telling what's under there. And then I have to touch myself after putting my hand under the seat. That's even more disgusting. All a girl has to do is just tap the seat and it will go down with absolutely NO effort at all on her part. I've developed the habit of using toilet paper to lift the seat, but that's still more effort than necessary. It's really not that big of a deal for guys to leave the seat up. I have no problem in the world putting it down when I need to sit. And I always look to make sure I don't sit in. I won't lie, though, and say there hasn't been a time where I almost sat in, but in all those times I realize the seat's up before I regret sitting down. I've never once sat all the way day without realizing the seat's up. I was raised with all girls, though, so it's actually a habit for me to keep the seat down. Nowadays, I make the conscious decision to leave it up. At one of my jobs, I work with all girls, so I always leave the seat down as a courtesy. At my other job or at home, though, I'll usually leave it up. At other people's houses, I leave the seat how it was when I went to the bathroom. Girls just want everything done for them. They fight for equal rights and then they want special treatment. They rarely even say thank you when you hold a door open for them....

Squirrelz248 0

@ #18 dont even get me started. you act like women dont spray all over the place too. my sister and my ex when she was living with me, would spray piss all over under that coveted damn toilet seat of yours

musu_fml 0

The seat AND the lid should go down before you flush for hygiene reasons, to cut down on the amount of fecal-matter tainted airborne droplets that might escape when all that water rushes around. It's minor, though, and you'd have to be a little paranoid to care about doing that. However, if you put the seat and the lid both down, then both men AND women have to equally move something when they want to use the toilet, and neither are being given preferential treatment. It's the best solution. In any case, why do so many guys need to put the seat up? I hardly ever do, and I don't spray the seat. Do you all just have such poor aim control over your penises?

How many bloody toilets do you have? Anyway, this is coming from a woman; men shouldn't have to put the seat down after they finish. It's sexist bullshit, why shouldn't women put the seat UP?

rosa08 0

your brother is a hero to men everywhere ^_^

WayneStorm 0

#61 "You boys should learn to put the set down. It just looks better when the whole lid is down. Who wants to look at poo stains when they go into the bathroom anyway? (that's reason #1 of 12385820 reasons why public bathrooms are nasty. And don't you say it's cause i don't clean my toilet cause there is some a**hole who will leave a poo stain before i go in there.)" I don't think we're talking about poo stains here. o-o I don't know about you, but people generally USE the seat while they poo, so it doesn't get anywhere on the part of the seat where you sit. Public bathrooms are completely different. Almost all public bathrooms have paper sheet covers provided by the management for your convenience. This is really about the courtesy for bringing the seat down. If you think about it, this only happens in bathrooms at home. This doesn't happen in public restrooms. Male bathrooms generally have urinals, so no piss trail is left on the seat, unless those men are self-conscious and go into the stall. Still, what's the big deal with checking where you sit? Seriously!

Leaving the toilet seat UP even after they're done is better than leaving it DOWN while they pee.

DaBoss_fml 0

hahahahhahahahahhahahahahhahhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Okay to allll the idots who ask 'wHat is it with woman and the seat down?' THIS IS WHY when its the middle of the night and your half a sleep and need to take a major piss would you really want to fall in? Happened to me my roommate learned REAL quick to leave the seat down... Men are SUCH babies sometimes but when u really need to piss, honey, you are going to just sit.... But major props to your little bro!!!! That was awesome! Very clever

Chocolate_Chunk 2

wait.. men are babies, yet you aren't while you don't even manage to open your eyes? I'm sorry, but weren't babies the ones that needed help just to use the toilet? I guess you always cross the street without looking and if someone hits you, he is a baby too?

hunteryager 18