By Anonymous - 20/09/2012 04:14 - United States

Today, I went to my dentist of four years. After the cleaning, the hygienist and I scheduled my next appointment, and she briefly left the room, leaving my file open on the computer. The data in a field called "NOTE" caught my eye: "Sissy. Freak. Always late. Ask about family or will flirt." FML
I agree, your life sucks 10 409
You deserved it 29 050

Same thing different taste

Top comments

perdix 29

When they tell you to open your mouth, you shouldn't start flicking your tongue around while bursting into tears. Do one or the other, but not both.

Comments

Quiet_one 22

The "Sissy. Freak." part is very unprofessional and I can't see how it would help them in anyway to write that down, but for the others YDI. I can't blame them for putting in the "will flirt" note - I've worked as a vet assistant and there were a few... difficult... clients who had helpful notes like this in their files so we'd remember what to do and what not to do to keep their appointments going smoothly. It was nothing subjective like "freak" but there was at least one "will flirt" and a few "do not accept checks." And of course there were several patients with their own notes ("may bite" being the most common). Keeping notes like this isn't unusual for a medical or service business where you get the same patients/customers over and over.

That is not very professional, but is the dentist really all that bad?

Ask to talk to a manager. Those comments are inappropriate especially if they are untrue. I would also report them to the BBB. Its one thing to have symbols indicating a potential problem customer like being late,being aggressive and rude, or even taken advantage of a return policy. However "sissy", and "freak" are not the most professional things to say about a customer and are very uncalled for. Also what is "ask about family or will flirt" supposed to mean? People generally flirt for two reasons either they have the personality in which they flirt with everyone, or they are actually interested in the person they are flirting with. I really don't see how that should be put in your file, or why asking about your family will stop that behavior if it is a problem. If your flirting is inappropriate, then I believe a manager should of informed you to stop and indicated that they were in fact going to put it in your file.

Thank you, OP! You just reminded me to make an appointment with my dentist. BTW, stop flirting with the staff and be punctual.

sgtcxelite 11

Hope you told that douche off and got him fired before telling them not to bother with another appointment.

checkurselfxxx 11

should have taken a photo of it and done something about it

I can't understand why you think wee should sympathize for you when you're the one m asking unwanted advances on your DENTIST. Sure, she may not of worded it how you like, but whatever you saw is your fault. Don't be late for an appointment, and If you're going to be, call and tell them. I work in the restaurant business, fast food. And we have customers that we let managers deal with because they aren't respectful.

Why are you always late and flirting with someone when they are working?