The tooth is…

By oops - 02/03/2013 18:32 - Netherlands - Nieuwe-niedorp

Today, after spending almost an hour in the dentist's waiting room, watching other people get called in for their appointments, I finally lost my patience and asked the receptionist what was taking so long. I'd forgotten to sign in. FML
I agree, your life sucks 11 518
You deserved it 48 204

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Sometimes you're the pigeon, and sometimes you're the statue.

"My appointment was at Tooth-thirty! What's the hold up I'm decaying over here!"

Comments

Omfgitsmia 15

It's your fault. I'm sure she told you to at some point. No reason to fuss at the receptionist.

I remember once that I forgot to sign in and no one reminded me. I remembered only when a woman sat down with a form. nevertheless I saw it as my fault, not snapping at the receptionist.

Well from the way I read the FML she got snippy before ever realizing she was in the wrong. Once she was told she should have apologized but we will never know what happened afterwards.

32- He* I agree though. He automatically assumed that he is not being acknowledged and then snapped at the receptionist for it. He was the idiot who forgot to sign in.

It's easy to lose your patience in that situation, I hope he apologized when he realized it was his fault!

39 has a great point. No one should assume and take their aggressions out on somebody else, when they are clearly in the wrong. Some people love to blame others. I wish I could apologize to the receptionist for having to deal with OP.

kristabelli 19

"Sign in?" What kind of clinic doesn't even call a person's name when it's their appointment time, just assumes you're not there because you didn't "sign in" like it's kindergarten or something?

^The HIPAA rules and regulations, in the U.S., are extremely tough. I see you live in Canada and, I'm guessing, it isn't as strict there.

There must have been a bet to see how long op would sit there.

snufflelump 12

^ Reminds me of the friends episode where the waiters had a bet going to see how long Ross would stay after being stood up. ..too bad OP didn't get free crab cakes out of it.

That episode was epic. I seriously considered trying that...

Youch! On the side bright side, you'll definitely remember next time! If they want you back

This time the aggravation from the dentist was self inflicted.

The only that's going to be more painful to sit through than that is going to be the actual dentists appointment.

CharresBarkrey 15

Just saying... If your dentist hurts you, you're going to the wrong dentist.

"My appointment was at Tooth-thirty! What's the hold up I'm decaying over here!"

What, did you just sit down and wait, expecting the receptionist to know who you were or something?

You'd be astounded how often that happened to me when I was working as a receptionist. And it's not like you're not tethered to the phone the whole time. No, it's okay, I'll just magically figure out who you are.

I hadn't gone to my dentist for over 5 years. When i went in, they recognized me when I went to check in. The next 2 times in the month, I didn't need to check on at all. They were just like hey!

Your face went from impatience and anger to surprised and stupid within a split second ah emotions gotta love them

I would call OP's moment stupid, but that would just be insulting to stupid people! ´_(ツ)_/`

If you look up "stupid" in the dictionary, you'll find a picture of OP's face next to it! With their new, pearly white teeth, of course.