By blehhh - 04/04/2009 03:10 - United States

Today, I went to see my gynecologist. She was writing my symptoms up in my chart on her computer. After a little while, I noticed that she had a confused look on her face and was reading something instead. When I took a peek at the computer screen, I saw that she was Googling my symptoms. FML
I agree, your life sucks 98 233
You deserved it 4 577

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I've been to 2 different doctor's that searched my problem on wikipedia and then printed the page out for me.

We can see you were first, Fidelis, you have a little #1 to the left of the date and time. And to the OP, I hear that that's not too uncommon, which is really sad, but true.

Comments

Wow, that sucks. Incompetence ftl. First, btw.

We can see you were first, Fidelis, you have a little #1 to the left of the date and time. And to the OP, I hear that that's not too uncommon, which is really sad, but true.

I've been to 2 different doctor's that searched my problem on wikipedia and then printed the page out for me.

I'm sorry, shouldn't of said that... That's probably not incompetent per se, but she should still know what she's doing... :?

Haha your gyno so comes from a west coast college. Joking :d

As a ******* "WEST COAST COLLEGE" PROFESSOR, it is my pleasure to tell you that you ******* suck.

"A west coast college"? You sir, seem to carry a 7th grade education, so I hardly think you have a right to criticize any higher form of education. Secondly, the west coast harbors many schools ranked heads and shoulders above other colleges. UCLA, USC, CalTehc, and Stanford just to name a few within driving distance to me. Ps, I'll let you in on a secret. Even if that was a joke *glances right and left*, it wasn't funny.

I've had my doctor do the same, it's very disconcerting

FatElie 0

If they're just going to use the Internet they shouldn't charge. I could do that at my house

TryToBeKind 0

this is why I hate the expression, "B's and C's get degrees". Even at Booger King or McYuck, you're expected not to make mistakes. In other words, you have to be able to give "A" performance. Anyone who doesn't have straight A's shouldn't graduate from college. Period.

its not bad to look things up, its bad to lack confidence or not know. I think when doctors usually don't know and can't Google (which is some efficient search engine), they just say its stress/you're a hypochondriac, so maybe its good that she is looking for more options. doctors need to be able to look things up efficiently when they run out of ideas.

Silentknight 0

wow, I see a lot of people missing a very big point O_O it's one thing to use Google for reference on the job, but it's another thing entirely to ask payment from someone for simply accessing a free public service for the answer. it's like a con man selling tickets to cross the golden gate bridge. it's unethical, and often against the law, to charge someone for access to someone else's free service. if you ask me, the money from the doctor's bill should be donated to Google.

Ambrielle 0

#104 I agree with your point, but the purpose of a doctor is to get the right medicine. Can google prescribe someone medication?