By MessedXUp - 25/09/2009 16:43 - United States

Today, I went on a date with a new guy after not dating for quite some time. I'd drank a lot of water, so I wouldn't eat so much on the date and look like a pig. Unfortunately, I'd forgotten how funny this guy really was. He made me laugh so hard, I peed all over myself. FML
I agree, your life sucks 19 477
You deserved it 47 326

Same thing different taste

Top comments

CraziOne 0

What is up with girls that dont eat on dates? I dont get this. If you dont want to eat on a first date then do something that doesnt involve food. Like Miniature golf? Bowling? beach? And even if you go out for food, just dont eat a lot. Dont make yourself suffer by drinking a lot of water. It's not healthy.

Zhombie 0

Why not just eat before you went out on the date...I mean really?

Comments

oystercultviking 0

Sounds like something I'd do :P Oh god, poor you. Truly a dating FYL

I'm not a guy so I could be wrong, but I imagine that if a guy takes a girl out on a date, he would want to see her enjoy herself. I don't understand why girls think guys wouldn't want to see her enjoy her food. You don't have to be a pig about it, table manners isn't all about the AMOUNT of food you eat, but you should let them see you enjoy your food, instead of making them wonder if you're not having a good time because you didn't like the food or something. When I'm out with someone, I enjoy myself more if I see them enjoying themselves. Correct me if I'm wrong, guys, but that's the way it would seem to me.

Equinox987 0

Maybe he's into that, you might be lucky :)

how can you remember he is funny if he's a 'new guy' you're going out with?

triplethreat13 0

Guys always say that it's much more comfortable for them if their dates look like they're enjoying themselves. It does not look like you're having fun if you're too damn insecure to eat a meal.

maybe she meant one of the few guys she hasn't actually been out with yet... as opposed to like, a 'new' person she's never met :)

you do know guys like girls who will actually eat, and if this guy had of thought you were a pig for eating, then he's not worth it. you TOTALLY deserve this.

chibivampire09 0

On my most recent first date, I wasn't quite sure if I even liked the guy or not so I kinda just was totally and honestly me. I even think I ranted quite a bit. My feeling was that if he didnt like me and all of me then it probably wouldnt work out anyway and since I was so confused I thought I wouldnt be devistated if he never talked to me again. When was this "most recent" first date? About a year ago. We are still together and going strong. My advice is to just be yourself and if he doesnt like it then he's not right for you. although maybe being as frank as I was isn't the best idea for most first dates ;) And dealing with the food thing. My bf loves that i can eat. Even when it's more than he can. So, if they guy you're with wants somone who doesn't eat, tell him to build a robot girlfirend or something because every human girl has to eat sometime. That's all I have to say on the matter :)

"I went on a date with a new guy..." "I'd forgotten how funny this guy really was..." Something does not add up. If he was new, then how did you know him before?

CheshireHalli 19

Read previous answers to this same question. They're all the same ("maybe she knew him beforehand")

yucky_tomato 0

Eating is natural, why would you be embarrassed about that?