By ismerf19 - 22/12/2010 00:05

Today, I was working in a restaurant. On the receipt under "tip" someone actually took the time to write out "$0.00." FML
I agree, your life sucks 29 447
You deserved it 7 362

Same thing different taste

Top comments

schwancy 2

People only do that when they want you to know they aren't tipping you because you did a crappy job.

lol... cheapskate... nice way to tell you you didn't work hard enough xD

Comments

Was there cash on the table? When I pay by card, I sometimes tip in cash and so make sure the tip field on the receipt is filled in so people can't write in a tip after I've left.

kaitlyn3xo 0

that's so that the person working there can't fill in whatever they want. I do that to and then leave bills on the table. youre a retard.

I do that when I can't afford to tip. I know people that would write in a tip if someone left it blank.

What are you doing eating at a restaurant if you can't afford to tip? I feel so bad for waitresses and waiters and anyone who works in the food business because lots of greedy bossy rude people come by and hardly ever leave tips, and earning minimum wage for dealing with that all the time isn't enough. It causes too much stress because all people think about are themselves. If anything, I always tip, but wish I could afford to tip MORE.

Fonetik 0

Then you're rude. Go to a Taco Bell if you can't afford to tip. You should be ashamed of yourself.

Boo hoo! Welcome to the service industry! People who leave these fml's act like they're the only people who haven't gotten tipped before

FYL OP. I'm a bartender at a hotel and people do that to me all the time. I once heard a guy say "I didn't tip because their drinks are overpriced and they get a cut of that anyways" but we don't. Some people are just cheap.

Some people do that to stop idiot waiters from writing their own tip. Some guy at a local restaurants who served my family (who was really mean and sucked) wrote himself his own tip (Of 100 dollars) because we left the tip area blank.

PAjones 0

Tipping is a way to show someone they did an excellent job. It should not be expected from every person that you serve no matter what. Just like any other business consumers vote with their money and you just got voted off the island.

Ninjafriends 1

That should be illegal, you know? Maybe it's just my serious anxiety issues but I've been forced to work as a waitress (upper camp had to wait lower camp and staff tables six times a week for four of my summers) and it was the worst experience I've ever had. I'd never not tip a waiter, because if I had their job, I'd've left every five minutes to have a panic attack, and faking happiness just worsens the stress. I'm probably alone in this, but I just had to say it.

I agree 75. But anyway, I'm sure they just didn't want you writing in a tip if they left it blank. Not that I would risk losing my job, and possibly risking charges being filed over a few bucks, but not everyone is that bright...