By ismerf19 - 22/12/2010 00:05

Today, I was working in a restaurant. On the receipt under "tip" someone actually took the time to write out "$0.00." FML
I agree, your life sucks 29 447
You deserved it 7 362

Same thing different taste

Top comments

schwancy 2

People only do that when they want you to know they aren't tipping you because you did a crappy job.

lol... cheapskate... nice way to tell you you didn't work hard enough xD

Comments

I've done that, once. It was truly atrocious service. The waitress was rude, slow, inattentive. Our simple sandwiches took more than 45 minutes, she never came over to ask if we wanted refills, she dropped off our food without a single word, and never came back to check on us - or to find out that the food she dropped off was not made as we'd asked. I made sure to write $0.00, to be absolutely certain she knew I was *intentionally* leaving no tip, rather than simply forgot to leave one.

I do that when I leave my tip on the table in cash. I used to not write anything, and then one time my waitress warned me and the other girls I was eating with to always write something because if it's left blank it's easier for your waiter to be dishonest. Though writing $0.00 does seem kind of mean. I suppose from now on I'll draw a line through it or write CASH or something.

I do that just so no one writes in a rediculous tip for themselves but either bad job or what an asshole

jesus #24 you actually took the time to write all that in an fml comment ? go outside, to the park, find friends. you will find it nice instead of putting your time in this.

GrandpaSmith 4

Waiting tables is a hard life. I started out there, but I was fortunate to get my education and a good career. now I always tip at least 25%, often more when the service is really good or the bill is small. But if the service is bad, I will write $0.00 for a tip. And, if the service is really bad, I'll even dip a penny in something sticky and paste it to the bill so the manager knows when he tallies the receipts. (I've only done the penny once in the past fifteen years--at Johnny Rockets in the Pentagon Mall, Alexandria, Virginia.)

Omg! I have had this Happen on multiple occasions! What's fun is when you get a jerk who writes: 00.00$ in the Tip line, when they are buying less than 5$ worth of food!!!!

milly_11 4

i ******* hate when that.happens to me. those ppl r.jerks

BaDJennings 0

Sometimes people feel you didn't do a good job and are afraid you may try to rip them off so they so they will put nothing down

iwishicould 7

I do that sometimes but only if I leave actual money on the table. Because I never know if they'll write their own tip in.

Can't tell if trolling or you suck at your job...