By ismerf19 - 22/12/2010 00:05

Today, I was working in a restaurant. On the receipt under "tip" someone actually took the time to write out "$0.00." FML
I agree, your life sucks 29 447
You deserved it 7 362

Same thing different taste

Top comments

schwancy 2

People only do that when they want you to know they aren't tipping you because you did a crappy job.

lol... cheapskate... nice way to tell you you didn't work hard enough xD

Comments

aww, i be accidentally done that!! it was my first time using a credit card... I felt bad. sorry op

rubyliu8420 7

People do that so after they leave you don't just write as much as you want in the blank space...

Oh my ******* God I can't stand it when people pull that shit. I want to walk back up to them and shove the pen that they signed it with directly through their chest. The audacity of some people.

writing, $0.00, is not automatically an insult. and the only reason i can think that you took it as one is because you knew you didn't do a very good job as their server, whether they were jerks or not you put on a happy face and deal with it. I ALWAYS write in the tip section even when i am giving nothing, whether because of the server or my financial situation. that way no one can write any denomination they please in the tip section(when it's a credit/debit slip of course.) although i do write what i'm giving when it's cash as well, when it's card it's more important. and yes, i have had the experience of having someone write tips in when i left it blank, twice to be exact. once a 15 dollar tip, and a 26 dollar tip on a larger bill. whether it was a member of the wait staff or a different type of employee, I don't know but it happens, and it happens more often then people think. especially because most tips don't get run through right away, so it doesn't show up on my online banking until almost a week later, (which most people don't know) it's easy to do that without people noticing, right away or at all. tips are not run with the rest of your bill, right away, because a server brings your bill, you give them your card and it gets swiped, and they bring you the receipt and you fill out the tip section. all restaurants are different, some run them all at the end of the night, some at the end of the week, and some every two weeks when payroll is done. my mother has been in the restaurant business as a chef and co-owner for almost 26 years. people get ripped off like this all the time, and most people don't notice just because the tip gets added so much later' people forget and don't think twice about it. ALWAYS write SOMETHING in the tip section, $0.00, is the best, but most anything will keep you from getting ripped off. even scribbling in the section will deter most people from trying to write something else just because it's not worth the effort of trying to fake it.

and i'm sorry if i'm repeating what others may have said, but i don't spend a lot of time reading all of the comments. I just post my opinion, when i want to, and if it's repeated, i'm sorry and so be it. but i don't have the time to read 6 pages of comments, unless once in a while when it's a really great fml. also, sorry if my comment's longer that most, i'm not the greatest at shortening what i am thinking/writing. besides who really cares...people who really complain because a comment is long need to get over it.

It was probably an ignorant **** that doesn't realize how little waitresses actually make for how hard they work. Don't take it personally OP.

<p>I have done this on occasion, but normally on reciepts where its a call in or I come to pick up the food; I do it so a tip can't be randomly added to the receipt after i've left the building.</p>