By ismerf19 - 22/12/2010 00:05

Today, I was working in a restaurant. On the receipt under "tip" someone actually took the time to write out "$0.00." FML
I agree, your life sucks 29 447
You deserved it 7 362

Same thing different taste

Top comments

schwancy 2

People only do that when they want you to know they aren't tipping you because you did a crappy job.

lol... cheapskate... nice way to tell you you didn't work hard enough xD

Comments

Queen_of_Night 20

Oh please... As a former server the worst thing is not them writing out the 0 tip they gave you but for them to give you .01 or .02 to round their bill out. They wrote that in so you can't change it later. I've known servers to do that. Beyond that I have given exquisite service to a table and still received no tip. Some people don't believe in it. I remember there was a pro football player who said he never tipped (and this asshat made over a million a year) so his boss made him wait tables. Similar to Mark Cuban working at DQ.

karlag2689 3

hahahahah. ydi if you have crappy service. fyl if it was good. I'm a waitress too so I know how it feels.

so, here is what all you people who have left a restaurant without leaving are SUPPOSED to do. if you had bad service still tip the waiter the standard 15, 18, or 20 percent, but speak with the manager before leaving the restaurant. that's what Emily Post says, and she is always right :)

They could have left your tip on the table.

primogen18 0

I've done this before, but only if the service was just plain awful. I have no idea where the idea of the tip being a percentage of the check came from as I have had expensive food with shitty service and really cheap food with great service. It really doesn't matter what they bring me it's how they treat me. It makes no sense which is why I just leave what I believe they deserve. Maybe you just are a shitty waiter. If not then that's a pretty rude thing to do.

rasellersjr 0

How is he a moron? Because it's obvious? I would tip more, I'm pretty certain most heterosexual men, not accompanied by family would. Unless they have a stick up their ass...

learn customer service. problem solved

DeanaGirl 0

I have never worked as a waitress but I've known many. All I can say is if I cannot afford to leave a $5 tip (for me and my hubby to eat which is less than $20) then we don't go out to eat... Only once have I left no money on the table but that was because the waitress was too busy flirting with the truckers that smelled like b.o. to bring me my coke that was supposed to come with my meal until after I was done eating...

foryoublue94 0

Is that even legal? That reminds me of how I used to hold a sign and got paid $20 for 3 hours under the table, and so one day when i got off work I went to the thai restaurant next door. And I just assumed my meal would cost a lot less because it's part of a franchise and at the other places it does cost yet, but my meal ended up costing around $18+ and I needed bus fare so I had to leave w/o giving a tip, and I felt so terrible and I never went back xD