By James4929 - 08/01/2010 00:25 - United Kingdom

Today, I was on a long-haul plane journey home from my holiday. After 5 hours, I decided to stretch my arms whilst watching a movie. Little did I know that a little girl was approaching, running down the aisle as my arm stretched out. I accidentally clothes-lined a little 9 year old girl. FML
I agree, your life sucks 32 327
You deserved it 4 062

Same thing different taste

Top comments

brats parents should have their child under control.

CyclonePsycho 1

You know Twinklestar, I am glad you are privileged enough to be able to fly first-class anytime you want. But the rest of us simply can't chose the more expensive options. It's not up to everyone else to adjust themselves accordingly because children are roaming around the plane like little demons. YOU need to control YOUR kids. Is it too much to ask that school-aged kids not act like maniacs in tight crowded spaces? Just because we expect that kind of crap doesn't mean we should tolerate it. Sure she was just going to the bathroom. But why wasn't she walking? Babies and toddlers acting up is one thing, but that girl should have been taught better than to run down the aisle of a plane. Nine years old is old enough to know how to behave in public. She's not "little" by any standards.

Comments

you should have finished it with a figure four leglock.

Kylias 6
Emill_fml 0

 the kid should NOT have been running. I applaude you. lol! the parents should have been clothes lined too for not watching their kid.

Or the kid was hurrying to the bathroom? Goodness some people are eager to look for any excuse to criticize others.

HeaRTs_Girl 0

Oh, and you're not? HYPOCRITE!!! No one cares what a yuppie like you thinks, so do us all a favor and STOP ******* PREACHING.

I hardly think saying I don't think a 9yr old kid deserved to be hit for hurrying the the bathroom makes me a hypocrite. Get a grip retard.

HeaRTs_Girl 0

I meant you're a ******* hypocrite for criticizing others constantly and then bitching about it. Dumbfuck. I hope you die.

I'm not criticizing though. Just pointing out the obvious. Any airline will tell you if you have no tolerance for everyday things then it's your problem and you either need to change your travel plans or fly first class and any parent or doctor will tell you no young kid can be expected to behave perfectly for an entire long haul flight. And hurrying to the bathroom is hardly misbehaving. Don't have a cry if someone points out saying a little girl deserved to be hit is ridiculous.

crzyry 6

#127: Let's not wish death on anyone for an opinion that you don't agree with. Twinklestar: Airlines won't let kids do whatever, they do punish parents of probmatic kids.

I never said they could do whatever they want, but baby's crying, toddlers playing up and young children hurrying to the bathroom doesn't really fall into that category. If the kid is actually out of control and the parents are just ignoring it rather than unable to do anything(i.e, not able to magically stop the baby crying from sore ears, or able to reason with a incredibly bored 2 year old who has a 20 word vocabulary on a long haul flight) the airline will usually provide the kid with an activity or at worst, have a word to the parent. I have yet to hear of a case where an airline had "punished" a parent with a troublesome kid.

crzyry 6

@Pendatic: I'm not for or against what Twinkle has said I'd need more info like why was she running and was she being noisy beforehand. If she was being a pest she deserved it but if not FHL.

crzyry 6

I understand how you could think thr child was quiet cause he didn't near her but what if he just didn't pay attention to her til it was too late. I think we need more info first.

crzyry 6

Also Twinkle: Families get thrown off of planes for not being able to control their kids. A year ago this family leaving Boston going home Florida was removed from a plane cause of their 3 year old.

crzyry 6

Lol @ Pendatic. I really do love to argue about anything but I'm not a fan of losing arguements or ones that I can't win. In this case, without more info neither side can win the arguement.

HURRYING to the bathroom doesn't mean runninng. she could've gotten there before she peed herself without running i'm pretty sure.

I totally agree that parents should control their kids better. My flight from Sydney left over an hour later than it was supposed to due to a child (about 5 years old) having a tantrum and refusing to let anyone do up his seat belt. This kid was screaming his lungs out for the better part of an hour. I've also had parents get angry with me when I ask them to stop their 10 year old from kicking my seat. It should be mandatory to tranquilise kids on long haul flights!

Hey I'm not saying all kids misbehaving on planes is OK. Obviously there's a point where the behaviour becomes unacceptable. But babies crying isn't something a parent can stop, especially if the baby is in pain because their ears are popping. Toddlers that are just learning to talk aren't going to be able to behave sitting down in one place for a very long time and their parents aren't going to be able to reason with them. And an young kid running quietly down the aisle, probably to the bathroom, isn't really disturbing anyone if the OP didn't even hear her. Yes, it's her fault she got hurt, but that doesn't mean she deserved it. If those things bother you, yes it is up to you to change your plans. You can't expect airlines to exclude families with children and babies because you can't deal with their normal and unavoidable behaviour. You'll notice you very rarely see parents saying other parents need to learn to control their young children better, and that's because they actually realise that often that is completely impossible. I'm not saying there aren't parents that don't take enough responsibility for their kids behaviour, but you need to put things in perspective about what they can realistically do, and accept that if normal things like babies crying annoy you to the point you can't deal with it, it's not the parents responsibility to not fly to places they have to go, or the airlines duty to prevent them from flying. It's yours to learn to deal with it for a few hours or arrange other plans.

She deserved it for running on an airplane. Gotta teach 'em manners while they're young!

gymgirl48 0

lmao that's kinda mean but I laughed so hard

Ha ha. she had it coming anyway. if not for you getting to her first, i would have drop kicked her.

no fair everyone, what if she was running to the bathroom or something. plus she was nine so its not like a baby crying. i hate when that happens. it's like "hello? your kid is crying. do something about it!!!"

There's not much you can do when your kid is crying because his or her ears are popping and it hurts, and you can't explain to them why it hurts and that the only way to stop it is for the plane to land. I don't blame parents for the actions of babies, but for older kids, the parents deserve to be clotheslined!

Kid shouldn't be running on the plane. She deserves it for being so reckless and unsafe. You did nothing wrong, if she walked it wouldn't have happened.