By James4929 - 08/01/2010 00:25 - United Kingdom

Today, I was on a long-haul plane journey home from my holiday. After 5 hours, I decided to stretch my arms whilst watching a movie. Little did I know that a little girl was approaching, running down the aisle as my arm stretched out. I accidentally clothes-lined a little 9 year old girl. FML
I agree, your life sucks 32 327
You deserved it 4 062

Same thing different taste

Top comments

brats parents should have their child under control.

CyclonePsycho 1

You know Twinklestar, I am glad you are privileged enough to be able to fly first-class anytime you want. But the rest of us simply can't chose the more expensive options. It's not up to everyone else to adjust themselves accordingly because children are roaming around the plane like little demons. YOU need to control YOUR kids. Is it too much to ask that school-aged kids not act like maniacs in tight crowded spaces? Just because we expect that kind of crap doesn't mean we should tolerate it. Sure she was just going to the bathroom. But why wasn't she walking? Babies and toddlers acting up is one thing, but that girl should have been taught better than to run down the aisle of a plane. Nine years old is old enough to know how to behave in public. She's not "little" by any standards.

Comments

crzyry 6

PLEASE tell me you hit her with an elbow drop next?

hahha that is great! totally kids/parents fault.

i don't understand. kids under a certain age shouldn't be allowed to travel. if they can't control themselves or a parent can't, they shouldn't be on an airplane. then again, i don't understand kids, nor do I like them. nor do I wish to have any.

I can't agree with this. I was traveling on planes starting when I was a toddler, but my parents kept me in line. I was an unaccompanied minor when I was 7, and I read quietly for the entire 6 hour plane ride. The problem is with the parents who are afraid to discipline their kids, not with the kids themselves. (And I'm also not a huge fan of young kids.)

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway
janise 2

@ Twinklestar. Karelesskitten was merely stating that when on a plane children need to act civilized and not like animals and if they're not capable of doing so then the parents need to either control their child or find alternative means of travel that isn't disruptive to others. It has nothing to do with disliking kids. Even someone who loves kids should expect them to behave while on an airplane. People who say that someone dislikes kids just because they want kids to behave is the reason so many kids act like brats. Also I've been on flights with children and never once did any of them run down the aisle to the bathroom. They WALKED.

She didn't say she disliked it when kids behaved janise. She said she disliked kids. And at any rate, a little girl hurrying quietly to the bathroom is hardly misbehaving. If you cannot deal with a kid running quietly to the bathroom it's actually your responsibility to make different travel plans. You can disagree with me, but the fact is any airline is going to tell you the exact same thing.

crzyry 6

I'm curious as to where you read that she was running quietly? Kids can be very noisy and a running child is doubtfully quiet. Oh and I fly 1st class and still have to deal with loud kids.

Because the guy didn't hear her coming. If she was running around being a brat, or even running especially fast he would have heard her.

look...the point is she shouldn't have been running. people get hurt like that...and that's why she got clotheslined.

amberbby69 6

@ #132: It says he was watching a movie, so he probably had his headphones in. Meaning he wouldn't have heard her either way. Nonetheless, she should NOT have been running.

If she was being a nuisance and a noisy brat like everyone is implying, I'm pretty sure he would have heard regardless. If he had no idea she was even there until she ran into his arm she was hardly annoying people. And again, she's 9. Hurrying to the bathroom hardly means she should be clotheslined.

you do realize that you're contradicting yourself right?

I'm not. Do you have a reading comprehension problem?

azhein 0

I don't think anyone thinks the kid should be closthlined just that parents need to take better care of their kid. you shouldn't run in a public place and if she's to young to realize that she should probably be accompanied to the bathroom by a parent

#13 are you robin from how i met youre mother?

If she can't look out for herself, how can you?

Spac3Ghost 0

Niiiiice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gah, she deserves it for running on the plane. Planes are not areas that should ever be run in.

This. I would've done the same thing OP did, but intentionally. Running and screaming is reserved for playgrounds only, not tightly packed metal tubes. I have to fly from Seattle to Florida next week and I'm kind of dreading it, but if there are actually any kids on the flight I can chastise the parents for keeping their kids out of school. Heh.

And then would you have felt like a dick when they pointed out they were attending a funeral or from another country where it's holidays, and then chastised you for being cheap and flying economy if you can't deal with everyday things?

HeaRTs_Girl 0

**** you. Stupid yuppie ****.

suesblues 0

That made me laugh. I bet nobdy ran by your seat for the rest of the flight!

Lol. Awesome. I commend you sir. And must tell you that you neither deserve it nor does your life suck. Your life is awesome if this is the sort of this that happens to you by accident. ;)-)