By Liz - 09/01/2009 08:54 - France

Today, I was teaching a class, but the kids were all talking and chattering. After three soapbox-style speeches about how, "The next person who talks gets a note to take home," one kid looked right at me and went, "Meow." FML
I agree, your life sucks 27 192
You deserved it 7 613

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Eir_fml 1

that's what happens when you're all talk and no action. I liked the teachers that disciplined strictly more than the ones that would allow idiot classmates to do whatever they liked, personally.

Comments

Eir_fml 1

that's what happens when you're all talk and no action. I liked the teachers that disciplined strictly more than the ones that would allow idiot classmates to do whatever they liked, personally.

OliviaNicole 5

Thank you. This comment is exactly how I feel. I hate the immature, worthless part of this society, even though it does consume much of it.

bitchy bitchy bitchy still bitchy (bitch song for people who aren't funny)

aoife123 0

I know exactly how you feel...

I agree except in some cases. In kindergarten during silent reading the next person who talked had to stand on a square for fifteen minutes. I yawned and didn't even make a sound doing it. Guess what I got to do

The world needs more parochial schools. Corporal punishment works wonders.

Link5794 18

Corporal punishment is okay as long as the parent or legal guardian is the one delivering it, and as long as they are careful not to go too far. That's how I was raised, and my dad accidentally broke my hand. With a leather belt. Funniest injury ever. Anyway, it is not the right of a teacher to inflict corporal punishment. They should send a note home and let the parents decide whether or not to inflict minor injuries on their child.

Throw him out the window. That usually works.

Haha. I've had a similar situation. I said "the next person who makes a peep looses 20 points on the test" this smart ass goes "Peep". I said "Aaaaand now you have a 90, good one" He said "Peep, peep". I responded with "that's now a 70, wanna keep going? Your grade can't take much more of a hit." He didn't peep anymore.

@ #11: "'Aaaaand now you have a 90, good one'". I'm no teacher, but doesn't 100 points - 20 points = 80 points?

Hmm. Couldn't it have been a 200 point assignment? You didn't think of that, I guess.

yeah because typos don't ever happen if you're a teacher. just sayinggggg!

Oh well, at least he followed through..

friedpwnadge 25

It says the child peeped three times. 100-30=70, genius.

lol you should react as Eric Cartman: "Respect My Authority!" and give them a smack on the head with a baseball bat

megamoomoo 0

haha, this reminds me of my algebra class when we had a student teacher