By firedofbirthday - 14/02/2010 00:29 - France

Today, I was fired. Why? Because I called in sick on my daughter's birthday, even though you cannot "abandon work for personal affairs". My boss's favorite employee got to skip work on his wife's birthday two weeks ago. He still works here. FML
I agree, your life sucks 26 248
You deserved it 6 930

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Gotta love favoritism wherever you go. Looks like you didn't kiss enough ass, OP. Happy birthday to your daughter though! At least she has a parent willing to make sacrifices on her special day.

how did he know it was your daughters birthday if you called in sick. only way i could figure is you told him or someone else. if you knew it was against the rules and you lied (hey not judging we all do it) then i sayh ydi for haveing told someone

Comments

pongmaster 0

THANK YOU #40 for shutting up the stupid bitch

It sucks that you were fired, but YDI. 1. At any job, it's common courtesy to at least request for days off 2-3 weeks in advance, so the boss/bosses can plan or adjust the schedule accordingly. You had an entire YEAR, during which you could have told your boss that you would like that particular day off to spend with your daughter. Calling the day of is just pure laziness. 2. You lied about being out, and somehow you were caught. 3. The other employee could have either requested the day off WEEKS in advance, or could have agreed to work on a day he had off..

hotscar 3

well I'm 14 so it's ok for me to say, " I would do you untill my dick falls off!"

IDOLGIRL 0

maybe you should have asked for the day off in advance, like any responsible employee, instead of calling off 'sick' and leaving your boss understaffed. that's probably what the other guy did, and why he still has a job and you do not. it isn't as if your child's birthdate is a surprise. it comes on the same date, year after year. had you checked a calendar, you could have planned ahead, submitted a request for the day off, and then you could have stayed home legitimately. or, you could have arranged to switch shifts with a fellow employee if your position affords that option. no matter how you slice it, you screwed up, and deserve to be terminated. there are proper methods available, and proper steps to take, to get a day off. you brought this on yourself. I hope it was worth it.   

lovin_dinozzo87 0

Doesn't is SUCK when that crap happens?? I work with someone just like that, and, for the record, Darthbane2007, it's incredibly possible that the none of those things happened except #2: I work with a woman who is the ONLY woman in the building that gets to a) call in sick and come in on a different day to make up the time she missed, b) abandon her desk to do other jobs without making sure there is someone else to answer phones and greet clients, c) mingle with others in the office and NOT get docked time, and d) take PERSONAL calls on her CELL PHONE. If anyone else calls in sick, it's TOO BAD, they do NOT get to make up time. If anyone else abandons their desk to do other work, and the phone does not get answered/clients do not get greeted, they get to have a private meeting with the boss. If anyone else mingles with others in the office, they get DOCKED at least 30 minutes. If anyone else takes PERSONAL calls on their CELL phone, they get written up. It's a bitch. And he did not deserve to be fired for something someone else got to do - the boss could have been HUMANE, and given him a warning. Dick.

purplemnm 9

it's actually the underaged girls fault coz she's posting slutty pictures of herself on the Internet. slutty pic = pedophiles

snickelfrits 0

snickerdoodles you are a real asshole

Because you sound so nice and mature.

I agree that double standards are unfair, but you called in sick so that you could stay home on your daughter's birthday. You were caught in a lie, and you were fired for it. Frankly, I think you deserved it. I also think that other employee deserved it.

S_T_F_U 0

If he still works "here" then are u sure ur fired if ur still "there"?

a day off for bday ? wow, stupid much lol personal day doesnt mean that, it means sickness. hey my bday is after xmas, you don't see me complain about work do you ?