By firedofbirthday - 14/02/2010 00:29 - France

Today, I was fired. Why? Because I called in sick on my daughter's birthday, even though you cannot "abandon work for personal affairs". My boss's favorite employee got to skip work on his wife's birthday two weeks ago. He still works here. FML
I agree, your life sucks 26 248
You deserved it 6 930

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Gotta love favoritism wherever you go. Looks like you didn't kiss enough ass, OP. Happy birthday to your daughter though! At least she has a parent willing to make sacrifices on her special day.

how did he know it was your daughters birthday if you called in sick. only way i could figure is you told him or someone else. if you knew it was against the rules and you lied (hey not judging we all do it) then i sayh ydi for haveing told someone

Comments

marine10_fml 0
matchy408 0
perdix 29

Of course, you're supposed to call in sick on your wife's birthday, so you can give her a day full of wild sex and carnal pleasure. Using that excuse on your kid's birthday means you are an incestuous pedophile -- you're fired!

This just in.....the real world is not fair. Grow up.

You do realize how large the unemployment rates are at right now, right? My job interviewed 300 people for 4 positions. Employers would be douches to fire whoever they don't like. But also, if you're not a valued employee (which by the "the bosses' favorite employee got the day off but I didn't comment" I think it's safe to assume the OP is not) you've got to realize no one is unreplaceable. Sick days are for last minute emergencies or when you CAN'T come in to work. A good employee would know if their boss would be okay with the call the OP tried to make or not. The 'favorite' probably works his ass off and is on terms to say "hey, boss... can I have this day off?" or made previous arrangements. If the birthday was so important to him he could have asked for it off months in advance. It's not like her date of birth changed suddenly, without warning..

wow. you need to grow up. I feel sorry for your daughter if you are what she has to look up to.

RandomRemo05 0

well...... he's your bosses FAVORITE

RandomRemo05 0

well.... he's your bosses FAVORITE worker so of course he will let him go and not be fired!!!!!!

Lol Pedo. Only at FML will you find assholes replying to comment only to say "I'd tap that" and going all the way to gangbanging.