By firedofbirthday - 14/02/2010 00:29 - France

Today, I was fired. Why? Because I called in sick on my daughter's birthday, even though you cannot "abandon work for personal affairs". My boss's favorite employee got to skip work on his wife's birthday two weeks ago. He still works here. FML
I agree, your life sucks 26 248
You deserved it 6 930

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Gotta love favoritism wherever you go. Looks like you didn't kiss enough ass, OP. Happy birthday to your daughter though! At least she has a parent willing to make sacrifices on her special day.

how did he know it was your daughters birthday if you called in sick. only way i could figure is you told him or someone else. if you knew it was against the rules and you lied (hey not judging we all do it) then i sayh ydi for haveing told someone

Comments

CyclonePsycho 1

#91: I find this site rather tame, actually. Go see the other parts of the internet. You will never be the same person again. ._.

janc24 0

YDI douchebag for thinking that life is fair.

_sourpatchkid 0

funny thing about the workplace. Usually the managers like employees who are responsible, sociable, competent and easy to manage. That's how they get to be favourites. If you're not a favourite, it's probably because you are none of the above. So you didn't get fired for playing hooky - you got fired for being a mediocre or bad employee and then lying about being sick, which was probably just the straw that broke the camel's back.

dopedog 0
capthavoc123 0

You got fired for lying about why you were missing work, not for missing work to be at your kid's birthday. Your boss's favorite employee probably got that way by being honest and doing things like requesting a day off well in advance of something he had tons of advance notice on, LIKE A ******* BIRTHDAY. Seriously, they are on the same day every year. You could have requested the day off months in advance, but you had to be a douche and call in sick the day of.

bcns 0

hah I'm 13 so I say the Same!

Sue them for wrongful termination. Subpoena the work logs as proof that he was allowed sick hours for a personal affair.

purplemnm 9

I'm suprised no one has said to this girl: I'd like to rub my dick between your double standards