By Anonymous - 22/09/2009 23:36 - Canada

Today, I was checking into a hotel with my boyfriend. A few minutes after we get to our room, the cops show up to our door asking to see some ID from the both of us. The hotel staff had called the cops on us because they thought I was underage and he was going to molest me. I'm 21 and he is 24. FML
I agree, your life sucks 44 016
You deserved it 3 204

Same thing different taste

Top comments

the hotel employees were just looking out for your boyfriend. after all, 15 year olds will get you 20 years.

winterjane 0

so the hotel employees never checked your ID when you checked in?

Comments

why is this a FML ? take it as a compliment that you look young and will look young even if your old !!

maybe..the op is actually upset about the fact that she looks like a 17 year old when she is 21, and not so much the whole "interrupted" thing o.O i mean..that would be kind of annoying...

Isn't the age of consent like...14 or 16 in Canada? IF it is then even if she looked 17 it wouldn't be statuary.

spiderman0606 0

I think it's nice of hotels to be aware of what's going on in their rooms :)

But it's not because she is not underage that she cannot be molested -_-

tmnt18 0

um not they shouldnt.. they are just assuming. it could be daughter and father, brother and sister, cousins. duh

FAKE. Show your freakin' I.D. And unless you have some damn retarded cops or some ****** up policies where you come from, it's not against the law to stay in a hotel room with someone older than you. I've stayed in hotel rooms with my father, and my uncles and aunts who look nothing like me, so it wasn't obvious we were related. No one ever asks questions.

morgan020 0

That sucks!! I'm 21 married and have an 18 month old son. I hate it when people come up to me and tell me how cute my little brother is!! then he says moma and they freak out thinking I'm 15 and have a baby. then it's fun to flash my weddig rings and ID at em and they get all embarrassed. hope they didn't walk in at a bad time that would have been worse. at least there's hope that when your 40 you'll look much younger than you are :)

The hotel staff did what they thought was right. No one was hurt--maybe a little embarrassed, but not hurt. If this is true, this can't possibly be the first time she's been thought to be much younger than she is. Hell, I'm 23 and would get yelled at my the substitute teachers in the middle school I TAUGHT at because they thought I was in the halls without a pass! It happens, you get used to it, and you get a funny story out of it.

fretforyerlatte 0

i feel your pain, my husband is only 3 yrs older than me but looks much older, and i look like a kid, so we get weird looks and stuff like that all the time. when he started his job, the old bitches were spreading rumors that i was 16 and he was 35, and that my parents were pressing charges against him. at the time i was 19 & he was 22.

paladininwaiting 1

u must be in Chicago.....they really hate "under-21's" in their hotels...