By lockedoutbabysitter - 09/03/2010 17:19 - United States

Today, I was babysitting. Being kind, I went to grab their mail, while their 4 year old ate lunch. He locked me out, wrecked the house, and let me in right when he saw their car two hours later. I didn't get paid. I paid them. FML
I agree, your life sucks 30 978
You deserved it 9 581

Same thing different taste

Comments

1) It's a federal offense to eff with someone else's mail no matter what your intentions were. That's why pizza places tape fliers to the mailbox instead of putting them inside. 2) You don't ever leave a kid of that age alone in a house. 3) YDI

YDI for leaving a child alone. that's a thing on the not to do list in teen living/babysitting

wow, what would you have done if that kid choked? you def deserved it for being an unfit babysitter. if I hired you, I woulda lit a torch user your ass to fire you for that... literally.

SithHunter09 2

YDI. I don't know about you, but back in 6th grade, we were taught that if you ever babysit, you never leave the house unless it's an emergency. you especially never leave the kid comepletely alone.

While it does sucks for you and is indeed an FML for the day, it is nevertheless completely normal and fair that you would be made to pay for the damages caused by your failure as a babysitter. It's your fault, after all. You're lucky the baby didn't get hurt.

twilight_0118 0

wow ok you are an extremely stupid and horrible babysitter. NEVER leave a child alone, no matter how old he/she is! YDI. definately. next time, don't be such an idiot. and you didn't think to call the parents??! that was just rediculously stupid.

rohosoccer08 1

if the kid is 4 it's usually ok for you to step away for a minute, usually a mailbox is just a single step outside the door. now it would be a whole different story if they lived way out in the country where the mailbox is at the end of the mile long driveway... but that is probably not the case.

twilight_0118 0

and you definately deserved to pay for the damages as well.